Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I saw Frank Gambale the other night

Jedro

The Frank Gambale Trio was in Charlotte this past Tuesday, along with Chris Poland's band Ohm. I basically just went to see Gambale - I liked his playing back in the Chick Corea Electric Band days. Anyway, the guy was incredible, as expected. It was a very laid-back show, a lot of talking in between songs. Frank even had a few words for the current state of music. He jokingly assured us, "We are not lip-synching up here!". He seemed like a nice guy. For some reason, I had always thought he might be a jerk. All-in-all, a good show. The music was good and the playing was phenomenal; I'll most likely look for the Gambale Trio the next time I'm CD shopping.

Chris Poland, on the other hand, I didn't like as much. I had never heard him before, other than with Megadeth. I left after about 5 songs. It was getting late. I wonder if he did a jazzed-up version of "Peace Sells"?

Everybody knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact. - Homer Simpson

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cool! It's always great to hear that a well-known "name" player was amiable and put on a good show. I'll be more inclined to catch him in the future now, myself!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Jedro:

>

Chris Poland, on the other hand, I didn't like as much. I had never heard him before, other than with Megadeth. I left after about 5 songs. It was getting late. I wonder if he did a jazzed-up version of "Peace Sells"?

As far as I know, Chris doesn't do Megadeth stuff with OHM in any capacity. He did record a few tracks with Dave Mustaine recently for an upcoming solo release (Dave's).

I'm still holding out hope (however remote) that Chris could do some live dates with Dave M. in the future.

Archived