Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Blueridge Guitars

ridger

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty nice boxes but I've heard they will normally need some set up.

Fantastic Sound has one & if it's what his sound files are recorded with it's the shitz!

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Yes, Yes, Yes!

Yes, Blueridge makes guitars that offer a lot of bang for the buck. Yes, they will need a professional setup by a qualified luthier. (They're built solid in China, but the setup is generally sub-par.)

I don't know if they offer an onboard pickup system. The luthier that suggested I purchase a Blueridge as an inexpensive alternative to repairing my 1991 Takamine (Bad neck break. You can't steam a Tak neck off. They use epoxy to glue necks and bridges. :mad: ), installed an L.R. Baggs ribbon pickup and preamp. It sounds wonderful. The file Dak mentioned includes a section that was recorded with my KSM32 hard panned to one side and the Baggs opposite the mic.

As for value, the Tak never sounded as good, acoustic or plugged in, as the Blueridge. The Blueridge cost less than half of what I paid, at cost as a GC salesman, for the Tak. With the L.R. Baggs ribbon and pro installation and setup, the Blueridge was still over $100 less. I bought the Blueridge at least 6 years after the Tak.

Just my 2 cents, as a long time Blueridge owner.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

i just bought a BR-140 about three months ago, and i think it was a fantastic guitar for the money.

contrary to what has been posted, i simply restrung it and adjusted the trussrod. within 30 minutes i had a suitable set up, and i haven't had to adjust it since. it has one of the straightest necks i've seen.

threw in an LR Baggs ribbon transducer (under the saddle) and it sounds great plugged in.

i would put it up against any guitar under $1200.

i'm in it $550 with pickup and hardshell case and shipping and what-not. check out bluegrassrules.com. he may not remember me, but tell him Page from Utah sent ya.

Glad to hear it, Funk Jazz.

However, I've played Blueridge guitars at several outlets and invariably, the ones at the run-of-the-mill store that doesn't setup guitars upon arrival, the playability of every guitar has been mediocre to awful. At Dollywood, where the shop employs master luthiers that sell their $1500 - $2500 instruments alongside a line of Blueridge guitars, every Blueridge is properly set up and plays like a dream. I almost bought another one there. Even in a theme park, the prices were incredibly low.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

• 3 weeks later...

Archived