Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Favorite chord, if you had to pick just one.

Saint Johnny B

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "James Bond" chord...don't know what it's called...

X

x

Possibly CMaj7+5?

Or the "Ren and Stimpy" chord...not sure what it's called, either:

X

I also like Bm7/E for a transition chord. Resolves well to an E...

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by reachjkh:

Originally posted by Johnny B:

... my fav is Amin7. I don't know why, it just seems that way.

yep, me too.

It always sounds so good when it comes up in a song. I often use it instead of Am because I just like it.

I also like E7-5#9 played thus...

I use this anytime I can. I think it's the famous cord from Purple Haze. Not sure though.

Am I missing something? Where is the b5 here? Isn't this just an E7#9? The E7-5#9 needs a Bb, right?
I really don't know what to put here.

I haven't read all the rest of this, but I'd have to say my favorite is just plain and simple, little ole' Em, with maybe an Em7 thrown in once and a while.

Second choice, Am.

I guess I like the minor chords :D

Dave the Boring

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Hey, this is kinda fun. There are some good ones here, and we have not touched upon of fav half chords or peices and parts of chords, love those things too. Prob my fav is the

third on the G string

seventh on the A string

That's all, it has a dark, but happy sound depending on where you trhow it in.

I also like to bang just the root and the fifth, but on the high strings, simple, yet deadly.

Originally posted by Sylver:

Am I missing something? Where is the b5 here? Isn't this just an E7#9? The E7-5#9 needs a Bb, right?

It is an E7#9, I think he meant NO fifth. I forget the sign for that. I think you just write (no 5th) or something. Either way its just E, G#, D, G.
Shut up and play.

Originally posted by A String:

I bought A Flat, Diminished responsability. It's A Minor point but G, augmented by the Sharpness of your... C what I'm going through A, to B with you in A Flat by the C .

I'm the only one that "got" this?

Woooooohoooooooo!!! Great tune...

Ricky

Click on some ads once in a while!! :) -------------->

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Sylver:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is an E7#9, I think he meant NO fifth. I forget the sign for that. I think you just write (no 5th) or something. Either way its just E, G#, D, G.

You're right Revolead , just leave out the "th", i.e E7#9no5. At least that's how I was taught. :D

- Bob Freebird

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Originally posted by Guitarzan:

the best chord is.... the one between your guitar and the amp!!!!

:D:thu:

Good one!

I'm surprised nobody else commented on it. Are you guys all asleep out there? :D

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Originally posted by Unemployed:

Could someone explain those chart things above, I'm not getting it.

Do you mean the Tablature? (Or tab for short).

It's very simple...

Each line represents a string and the number on the line tells you which fret number to play. The easiest way to remember which way is up in tab is to think of it as being the way you look a guitar neck from your prospective.

example:

(The skinniest string)-> --3--

-----

-----

-----

--2--

--3--

When they are all together like that, they are played at the same time. That one is a "G" chord. If they are appart, they are played one at a time like a scale. There are all sorts of little symbols that mean things like bend or slide. Have a look around the internet...you should find more help with those.

Sorry, they lined up before I posted. I'll try again. The top line is the smallest "E" string:

--3--

--0--

--0--

--0--

--2--

--3--

also...I left out the 0. this means the string is played Open (With no fingers).If there is no 0 there, you don't play that string. You may also see an X which means to mute the string.

dunno why...when i pick up my guitar, the first chord i invariably tend to play is the open E minor. dont know why, i just love the sound of those four open strings ringing together and the trick is to play it loud like u mean it and LET IT RING!! ;) Also if you change the E on the 4th string to F# on the 4th fret it gives it a wonderfully weird sound...think pink floyd's 'welcome to the machine'. al di meola also arpeggiates it the intro to my favourite song of his, 'mediterranean sundance'. just thought id put in my 2 cents worth...

hello! this was a cool chord that i was playing today! i liked it, here it is!>>>

---0--

---3--

---0--

---4--

---5--

---0--

hmm what chord is this? well what are the notes: there is the notes E, D, F#, and G (and D and E again)... this chord is, um, a D major add 9 add 11 no 5? a E minor 7 add 9 no 5? a G major9 no third?

chords are so intriguing im so fascinated by them

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

steppin in a rhythm to a kurtis blow/who needs a beat when your feet just go

I've always liked: x54030 which is just a open C chord slid up two frets...I think it's a Dadd4add9. It can be used for a standard d chord with a little dissonant flavor to spice things up a little and is best used when you have a C to D or D to C transistion.

Em9, 022032, is a really nice sounding one I stumbled across lately...it is easiest to play just like a open D with a and d strings fretted both with your 1 finger. It is the very recognizable first chord to what classic rock song...trivia alert!!

hey soonersrock haha we posted the same chord? err nevermind,

oh and by the way i like that Em add 9...

when i play open E7 or Em7 i like to voice it with the 7dom 7 on the 3rd fret B string, as you did! kudos

steppin in a rhythm to a kurtis blow/who needs a beat when your feet just go

Archived