Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Lee Flier's What-The.

elferoony

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just listening to some of it last night-man I love her guitar sound. Sometimes their vocals sound like the Grateful Dead. I think I`ve heard all but the last three songs or so.

In fact I felt kind of bad for not saying more about it earlier, but it`s a most enjoyable bit of work.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Lee's got her "dream" band situation together playing with a couple of great players and like minded bandmates!

They're very tight, both musically, and according to Lee, personally.

I really envy her...

- That cool LP she owns and loves.

- An active band she loves being a part of.

- The great chops and vibe she has in her playing.

- Her up-close and personal meeting with Keith!

There's more... but I don't want to "drool"!

Love 'ya Lee! You should "hang" here more!

guitplayer

I'm still "guitplayer"!

Check out my music if you like...

http://www.michaelsaulnier.com

Yeah, I dig on Lee's stuff! Especially "For Love, Or Money" and "Innocense Found". Great guitar playing! She really makes it scoot 'n' shoot sparks; great tones!

Hey, guit'- what's the scoop on this meeting of the minds? That being, Lee 'n' Keef? Was it posted about on here sometime in the past, prior to my arrival on Planet Tedster, Wewus, 'n' Dak? What does it mean, Precious?

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Well shucks, guys, thanks! Glad you enjoyed the music elferoony! And glad you'll be at the Nashville gig, Neil!

Guitplayer is right on about my feelings regarding my band - I'm nutso about these guys in pretty much every respect. They are everything I've always dreamed about in bandmates - our tastes and musicianship mesh perfectly, everybody's very devoted to the band and has a great work ethic, doesn't have any substance problems, etc. Plus we all have a similar sense of humor, a lot of similar personal values and all. They're like my family really. I'd like to think that all the fun and trust we have with each other comes across to our audience.

And no, I didn't actually play with Keith! But I did get to meet him and hang out with him quite a bit. I was 18 at the time, and I managed to get into a Stones rehearsal! Keith was incredibly nice to me and let me hang out and watch them play the whole night. Although we didn't play together, he found out pretty quickly that I was a guitar player and was really encouraging. He asked me a lot of questions about my influences and how I played and my setup, etc. which blew my mind! He seemed genuinely interested in having a conversation, not just talking about himself, though he was very willing to answer questions I had about his playing too. He was a perfect gentleman and a very humble, unassuming guy. And watching the way the Stones worked together was an education that was worth more than any college degree to a young musician. Being at that rehearsal gave me the confidence to stand my ground about how a band ought to be, and not settle for anything less.

But anyhow, thanks for all the kind words, that means a lot to us. :)

This is awesome!! From the site:

We have been chosen to participate in a program with Bose to help them launch their new Personalized Amplification System family of products. This system is really unique, and it could completely change the way we amplify live music. We were hand-picked to be one of only 24 music acts who are representing Bose in live music venues nationwide. So the next time you come out to hear us, take a look. We might be playing on our new Bose gear! If you want to know more about it, check out their

Please let us know how this system works out. I'm a fan of Bose products(own none) but the sounds at the stores really sound good.

Hey CD,

We're totally nutso about the new Bose system! We've been using it since September, before it was officially available. If you want, hop on over to the "For the Band" forum here, because I rambled on for a long time about it when we first were allowed to "spill the beans" and there have been a couple of discussions about it there. It's pretty wild stuff, and we really think it's helped our performances get across better.

Also here is an article from our local music weekly a few months back, where I talk about it:

http://www.atlanta.creativeloafing.com/2003-11-06/earshot2.html

I guess Neil (fantasticsound) will be seeing us in Nashville playing with our Bose stuff this Sunday so he can give you an objective opinion! :)

Archived