Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Johnson Amps

Leon_

Hello Everyone:

Does anyone here use Johnson Amps? I have a Johnson JT50 V-Tube 24 bit Digital Modeling amp...This amp provides me with great tone and lots of power...it's also great for recording too. The J8 Foot-Controller is great too, built in tuner, save your presets, delays, wah, etc. Their J-Station is similar to the line 6 POD, great for recording, nice amp sims...Does anyone here have some cool presets they would to share?

Cheers !

Leon

www.leonmaclellan.com

www.guitar9.com/leonmaclellan.html

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by YYZ_123:

Hello Everyone:

Does anyone here use Johnson Amps? I have a Johnson JT50 V-Tube 24 bit Digital Modeling amp...This amp provides me with great tone and lots of power...it's also great for recording too. The J8 Foot-Controller is great too, built in tuner, save your presets, delays, wah, etc. Their J-Station is similar to the line 6 POD, great for recording, nice amp sims...Does anyone here have some cool presets they would to share?

Cheers !

Leon

www.leonmaclellan.com

www.guitar9.com/leonmaclellan.html

I have a J-Station connected to my PC via S/PDIF coax. Great little device. Sometimes, when I get lazy I use it instead of real amps, sometimes with some success. I still prefer my real tube preamp though. The J-Station is worth it as a bass preamp alone, now that it sells for $99.

Here's an example of me using the J-Station, "Hot Rod" (Mark IIC+) and patch 83 (Gilmore).

http://www.ic-musicmedia.com/artist_pages/songpage.php?mp3id=92410

Have you recorded an MP3 today?

I've got a J-Station and a Johnson Mellineum 150. The amp is a 150 watt stereo amp w/2 Celestion 30's. It's also got 2 12AX7's in the preamp.

When this came out I was in a cover band playing everything from Patsy Cline to Metallica. It was perfect for the job.

I've had a few reliability issue's, namely the endless rotary encoders, (all the knobs), are kinda flaky. I had them replaced once and need to do it again. They may have fixed this in current units. don't know...

Versatility 10

Sound 8

Reliability 5

Rob

Archived