Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cheap Recorders !!Need Help!!

ZackEngOff13

Hey,

Im looking to purchase a recorder for guitar. Im trying to find something for the bare minimum requirements. All I want is something that I can record on so I can practice playing over it. Mayb eventually to record ideas. So far everything looks freakishly expensive and a lot more than i need :mad: . Does anyone know any really cheap recorders for my needs. Thanks! :D

-Zack

When our war for love overcomes our love for war, we will b happy...

-Jimi Hendrix

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ZackEngOff13:

Hey,

Im looking to purchase a recorder for guitar. Im trying to find something for the bare minimum requirements. All I want is something that I can record on so I can practice playing over it. Mayb eventually to record ideas. So far everything looks freakishly expensive and a lot more than i need :mad: . Does anyone know any really cheap recorders for my needs. Thanks! :D

Yeah, it's called a PC, soundcard and Cakewalk. Drive over here and I'll show you. :}
Have you recorded an MP3 today?

Pick up an old Cassette recording deck at at yardsale or thrift store for ten or twenty bucks, five bucks in tapes & there you go.

'Course you gotta have the mics.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Bluestrat: the x-14 looks like just the thing for me at this point thanks! :D

Im not into the radio shack idea too much from what ive seen. Dus ne1 else have any other ideas bsides bluesstrat?

-Zack

-Jimi Hendrix

Im not into the radio shack idea too much from what ive seen. Dus ne1 else have any other ideas bsides bluesstrat?

Those Radio Shack PZMs are made by Crown, or were & are pretty damned good mics. A lot of their other stuff is pretty good too, if you know what you;re looking for.

You wanted bare minimum.

Do you or don't you? That makes all the difference in the world.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

[/qb]

Those Radio Shack PZMs are made by Crown, or were & are pretty damned good mics. A lot of their other stuff is pretty good too, if you know what you;re looking for.

You wanted bare minimum.

Do you or don't you? That makes all the difference in the world.[/QB]

Im looking on the site and I cant find anything with the name PZM. Where do i find it?

-Zack

-Jimi Hendrix

LOOK HERE!

It's the new version, an Optimus named mic is part number 33-3022. The old part number is 330-1090.

You can just set the thing in the center of the room and pick up 360 degrees around so it works well for impromptu sessions. Not the greatest in the world but very workable for non-critical situations. Some folks use the earlier or Crown models as room mics in addition to the better mics on vocals and guitar cabs & etc.

Don't be afraid to use their other mics. Some are not bad for the price though I'd stay away from the really cheap mics.

Our Joint

Originally posted by daklander:

LOOK HERE!

It's the new version, an Optimus named mic is part number 33-3022. The old part number is 330-1090.

You can just set the thing in the center of the room and pick up 360 degrees around so it works well for impromptu sessions. Not the greatest in the world but very workable for non-critical situations. Some folks use the earlier or Crown models as room mics in addition to the better mics on vocals and guitar cabs & etc.

Don't be afraid to use their other mics. Some are not bad for the price though I'd stay away from the really cheap mics.

So would i just plug that into a recorder and thats all? Lol i just wanna cover all the bases so im sure i know what im looking at. SRY lol

-Zack

-Jimi Hendrix

So would i just plug that into a recorder and thats all? Lol i just wanna cover all the bases so im sure i know what im looking at. SRY lol

No, you'll have to adjust the input level on the recorder unless you have an auto level recorder. Then you just plug 'er in and turn on the recorder.

Our Joint

[/qb]

No, you'll have to adjust the input level on the recorder unless you have an auto level recorder. Then you just plug 'er in and turn on the recorder.[/QB]

What do i plug it into and so dus that mean the mic has a built in recorder? How do i playback? im rly sry for being a pain :D

-Zack

-Jimi Hendrix

[/qb]

No, you'll have to adjust the input level on the recorder unless you have an auto level recorder. Then you just plug 'er in and turn on the recorder.

What do i plug it into and so dus that mean the mic has a built in recorder? How do i playback? im rly sry for being a pain :D [/QB]

wait sry i think i read ur msg wrong i get it all now haha sry!!

-Zack

-Jimi Hendrix

Archived