Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Positive versus Negative

Dave da Dude

Is it just me, or have we all (most) become a lot more negative lately?

I've always enjoyed the commraderie (sp?) and "laid back" attitude of this forum. I've learned so much here (that I needed to know to expand my musical horizons) that I can't begin to thank everyone.

I may not like the shape of a Tele, and "you" may not like the shape of a Mockingbird (bluestrat, sorry for using this comparison, but I figured you would understand that this is meant in good humor and friendship), but we've always been able to appreciate, tolerate and, yes, even support the "other guy's" opinon ).

IMHO, we need to get that attitude of comraderie back. How can we do that? I suggest just respecting your fellow guitarist' opinion without belittling their choice in music, gear, etc.

No negative suggestions please; only positive suggestions and opinions need post here.

Dave the Optomist

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll start off in a positive attitude by saying a few positive things about the BC Rich Mockingbird. They're very well made guitars, and have a nice sound to them. The BC Rich instruments I've played all played great, and while I've never played a Mockingbird, I'd be willing to bet that they play as good as any other BC Rich.

If we all thought alike, what a boring world this would be...

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

I thought you were an engineer?

Magnetic and electric monopoles don't normally exist in nature. Every north needs a south, every + needs a - .

Scientists do speculate shortly after the Big Bang that more matter existed than anti-matter. I guess wer're lucky :D

Have you recorded an MP3 today?

KARL FISHER,

Since joining the board I've always respected other's opinions, and been grateful for all the advice I have received. I try to be honest helping other's in return.
Amd I, for one, appreciate your opinions and advice :thu:

Please continue :cool:

Dave

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

This place is great. I got myself a nice power supply pedal built thanks to bluestrat's input.

BTW Blue...I put it into a nice little box with multiple power cables hanging out of it. It all fit so perfectly. I couldn't have planned it as good as it actually turned out. Getting ready to build another one this weekend.

Hey you white boy there

Go play that funky music

"ok...what's it pay?"

first smoke, then silence

your very expensive rig

dies so gracefully

Originally posted by reachjkh:

This place is great. I got myself a nice power supply pedal built thanks to bluestrat's input.

BTW Blue...I put it into a nice little box with multiple power cables hanging out of it. It all fit so perfectly. I couldn't have planned it as good as it actually turned out. Getting ready to build another one this weekend.

Does it put out 18V or only 16V on the highest setting? Also, I guess the voltage divider resistors worked out OK and gave you 9V?

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

A lot of great guy's and gal's on this forum

learned a whole bunch of stuff,love you

all.Well maybe 99.9% of you guy's,just kidding

love you too Mr nice jazz guy who ever you are.

Have a great cold snowy week end. :love:

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

Originally posted by DARKLAVA:

A lot of great guy's and gal's on this forum

learned a whole bunch of stuff,love you

all.Well maybe 99.9% of you guy's,just kidding

love you too Mr nice jazz guy who ever you are.

Have a great cold snowy week end. :love:

Snow? Oh now I remember what that is. 2 hour drive to the Sierra. Sometimes I can see the peaks from here.

Cold? Yeah, it might hit 60 deg F today, 35 at night.

Don't forget:

"Magnetic and electric monopoles don't normally exist in nature. Every north needs a south, every + needs a - .

Scientists do speculate shortly after the Big Bang that more matter existed than anti-matter. I guess wer're lucky"

Have you recorded an MP3 today?

Originally posted by bluestrat:

Originally posted by Caevan O'Shite:

"Who you callin' guitar geek??!!?!!?" ;):D

"Be careful Revo, Caevan's threats carry a lot of weight, like 250 Lbs or more!!" :eek:

"Just kiddin', Mr. O'Shite!" :D

You'd better be kiddin'... about it being a threat, that is! ;):D (You're about right, with that 250# estimation...)

Originally posted by revolead:

"We're all geeks Kev. All of us."

Well, you're never at the meetings- I, ehr...

oh, YEAH! THIS IS the meeting place!!

You're right!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived