Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

PRS Santana Model Vs. Gibson Faded SG?

baronedo

I am a Strat man and was thinking of purchasing a solid body humbucking guitar to broaden my guitar line up. I've narrowed my choices to the PRS Santana model (the $550 version) or the Faded Gibson SG (approx. $600). I would appreciate your recommendation.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Lancer:

I am a Strat man and was thinking of purchasing a solid body humbucking guitar to broaden my guitar line up. I've narrowed my choices to the PRS Santana model (the $550 version) or the Faded Gibson SG (approx. $600). I would appreciate your recommendation.

If you play a Strat then the PRS heel from hell probably won't bother you so much. I personally love SG necks and SGs in general. If it were up to me, I'd save a little bit more and buy an SG Special. I'm also biased towards American made guitars vs Korean mass produced guitars.
Have you recorded an MP3 today?

i like the sg faded myself. but the best thing is to try them both out. unplugged at first to hear the tone and sustain. on a little note ..gibsons are mass produced as well. anything coming out of a factory is "mass produced". so it isn't just korea.

just a bit of a ramble on my part. :D

I have an SG Faded (natural finish) and I absolutely love it. Best $600 I have spent on any instrument, bar none. I was trying out Yamaha AES models, Epi's, and other Korean guitars before this, and the Gibson smokes them in all playability, sound, and looks, IMO. Go play one and I think that you'll like it.

Archived