Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I should have chosen "Mel's Gibson" as a moniker

Jazz Guitar

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I, for one, don't mind at all.

I didn't mean any harm when I razzed you 'bout you name; it's just that when it's kinda lengthy like that we need some shorter "nickname" to keep it simple for those of us with CRS.

What's CRS? I'm glad you asked :rolleyes:

It's a malady that occurs befoer Alzheimer's, C an't R emember S tuff :D

Some people have been rude and crude enough to use another word instead of "stuff", but I can't remember what it is :D:rolleyes:

Bye from .... uhmmm .... DAVE, that's it, Dave :rolleyes:

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Originally posted by Dave th Dude:

I, for one, don't mind at all.

I didn't mean any harm when I razzed you 'bout you name; it's just that when it's kinda lengthy like that we need some shorter "nickname" to keep it simple for those of us with CRS.

What's CRS? I'm glad you asked :rolleyes:

It's a malady that occurs befoer Alzheimer's, C an't R emember S tuff :D

Some people have been rude and crude enough to use another word instead of "stuff", but I can't remember what it is :D:rolleyes:

Bye from .... uhmmm .... DAVE, that's it, Dave :rolleyes:

At the rate I'm going, my name will be truncated to "shithead".

I just across someone lauding Godsmack. That's a very bad sign for me.

Have you recorded an MP3 today?

Naw...See, Mr. Nice Mel Jazz Gibson Guitar...we're of all ages here. The diff is that probably the average age and tastes on the board here are a bit more, well, some would use the term "refined"... than other boards. I just use the term "different tastes"...

I like all different styles, from Wes Montgomery to whatever my kids are listening to. Ultimately, it's not about a style...I just like a good song, no matter where it comes from.

It's just good to open your ears to other stuff. I remember when I was a little kid, all the stars of the day were denouncing the Beatles as talentless noisy longhaired degenerates. But, before you know it, half of the Beatles catalog was coming at you in orchestral versions via shopping center Muzak. People like Frank Sinatra were doing covers of their tunes. Recently now, the late Johnny Cash covered a Nine Inch Nails song. You'd shit if you heard a cool, jazz guitar rendition of some song and asked what it was and the guy said..."Oh, that's my rendition of a Godsmack song I heard my kids playing". Heck, you never know. :D

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by Tedster:

"Oh, that's my rendition of a Godsmack song I heard my kids playing".

That sounds like an interesting proposition!

I heard a great acoustic version of "Hurt", the same NiN song that The Man In Black covered a few years ago.

I really don't know what to put here.

Archived