Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

the best-looking guitar?

njrocker

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:confused:
No fishtail style flying V, what's up with that?!?!?

Not to mention the Warlocks, Mockingbirds, etc....

You need a Fender Mustang/Cyclone/Duo-Sonic in the poll. I really like the racing stripe Mustang re-issues.

I think the Jazzmaster is actually best-looking
no more poll-making for me! at least i saw some cool guitars :)

I voted for the ES335 (Cherry Red only, please), but only 'cause these two were not available:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=2570190659

http://edromanguitars.com/resources/images/avail_bcr122715.JPG

Remember, LOOKS only.

Dave the Shallow

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Hi everyone, I'm new here and feeling my way around a bit. This thread caught my attention because I got an email today from a fan who said he thought this was the hottest guitar he ever seen....

I'm kind of partial to the Jackson soloist myself, but this guitar is pretty cool, I just feel a little too old for it. I got a design patent on it and ocasionally think about producing them (I love working with wood) but I build music recording PCs and that takes up much of my time. The rest of the time I play and record.

This is a guitar I designed and built in 1985 just before cancer almost killed me (damn paint fumes).

Sorry for the poor image quality, I used a cheapo digi-camera.

I call it the "Screamin Demon". It sounds like a cross between a Gibson Melody maker and a V.

Ed Durivage

http://www.hyperspec.com/dervaj/images/photos/screamndemon.gif

"There is no such thing as bad music. Only different"

It features a 3 piece mahogany neck thru- mahogany sides, Dimarzzio HS-3s, Floyd Rose, African Ebony fingerboard (looks and feels like slate) almost 0 grain. 2+ octaves of frets, semi-gloss black.

I brought it out to LA back in 1990. Bernie Rico (BC Rich) wanted to look at it, play it and drink a few beers with me (which turned out to be more than a few) :D . He decided it would have too high of a price tag on it because of how long it would take to finish off inside the holes. He said he would build them for me if I wanted to sell them. Guild looked at it as well and they said the same thing. Guild built the 'Bladerunner' for a good friend of mine Drew Derocher (David/Andrews Guitars - now out of business). That was another guitar with holes cut through. Drew worked on the Screamin Demon with me as well.

I used this guitar on my new CD "Incoming" (www.dervaj.com) Heavy Blues/metal. I used it on Incoming (lead 1), Forbidden (Ry Gui 2), Humans (break 2, dual leads at the end), Twisted (Ry Gui 1&2), Nibiru, (Leads 2&4), Days gone By (Ry 2, tri-leads end), Forever Good-Bye Dual 2 in break 1 and 2). I used A Yamaha electric, Gibson Melody Maker, a V, and a modified Vester Concert Series for the rest. Pics on my site.]

Thanks skipclone 1. Its 'jagged' for sure. I'm always afraid of baning it on something (it feels like balsa wood to me) I keep thinking I'm going to snap one of the corners off or something...hehehe

Archived