Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ever heard of Metropolitan guitars?

Tedster

Played a Metropolitan "prototype" today. Looked a lot like one of those old National "Map" guitars or that Airline. Was made out of plastic, and a wonderfully obnoxious green color.

http://www.metropolitanguitars.com/tanggreen.jpg

They wanted like $2500 for it!!! YIKES. It wasn't THAT nice.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YIKES is right! Who in the Hell is gonna pay that for one of those, except someone who depends on an original Glennwood (funny name for a fiberglass guitar, now that I think of it!) for their tone and everything, but wants to leave the oldy home safel and sound and play the Metro' at gigs?

Oh, yeah... petition? What petition? What did I miss, Tedster and guitar geezer?

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I've never played a plastic bodied guitar. What does it sound like? I'm assuming that it's a hollow body? I'm surprised that more manufacturers of cheap guitars don't use plastic and masonite and MDF and a whole lot of other cheap materials now days. Instead they turn to plywood, which is probably the worst material to build anything out of except for speaker cabinets and houses! :rolleyes:

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

The guitar seemed to be all plastic (or whatever they call it, resin-cast something or whatever). It had a unique tone, but not so special I'd pay 2500 for it. Didn't seem to be hollow, but I can't say. I was put off by the control knobs on the upper portion of the body, right where your arm hangs.

Caveman, the upshot of the story was apparently Marcus Dixon, a black high school football player (in Georgia), had consensual sex with his white girlfriend who was three weeks shy of 16. They're charging him with rape, as if he'd held a gun to her head. Even she said it was consensual. So, it's a racial thing.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Yeah, but the other link did...

I have since followed it up, and signed the petition myself, and posted some of my thought s there on that thread on the SSS. Damn!!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived