Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: snow snow snow snow snow snow snow

Funk Jazz

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've been hit a few times, but it hasn't lasted long each time, so far this year. We've been getting a lot of warm/cold/warm/cold spells...

I was living in Rochester, NY (near Buffalo... y'all heard a Buffalo an' Winter, right?!?) when we got hit with an ice-storm that left us without electricity, hot water, stove and oven gas, or heat for nine-nights (and a tenth day) in February... man, THAT was some Winter weather! A lot of people lost there cars to fallen trees and even giant icecicles!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Caevan O'Shite:

I was living in Rochester, NY (near Buffalo... y'all heard a Buffalo an' Winter, right?!?)

i went to basic training with a guy from buffalo. he would always say "oh, that BLOws!" (big accent on the start of 'blows'). thought that was pretty funny.

we've had pretty bad power losses here, to the tune of 5-7 days, but nowhere near as bad as you had a few years back. was it '96 or '97-ish?

Originally posted by ihategarybettman:

I live in the City of Buffalo, and we've seen next to no snow; I've only had to shovel twice so far this season.

just wait IHateGary....it'll get ya ( spent two years in Pittsburg with Division Office in Buffalo)

Keep Warm

BTW Sunday was wearing shorts and tshirt to rake leaves (so I could cut the remaining green grass)

;)

Lynn G

We're coming out of our once every 11 years drought. There's snow on the ground now. It actually has snowed a few times so far. Not even close to normal for this city. I know everyone thinks Colorado is all about the snow. Maybe up near Vail and Breckenrigde (ski resort towns elev, around 9500 ft above sea level), but we hardly ever get any in Colorado Springs or anywhere along the Front Range, Denver, Boulder, you name it. And my house rests at 6555 ft above sea level also, so its not the altitude. Probably because we live in a rain shadow desert.
Shut up and play.

i live in boston, went to UofR in rochester NY. western NY gets a lot of snow, and boston gets a lot of snow, but at least in boston we see the SUN, and the blue sky. it will snow, but the sun will come out the next day. rochester was so depressing, we wouldn't get out from under the clouds until april.

grandwazoooo-

Hey! I lived across the Genesee from U of R; I had some great friends and fond memories among the students there.

Yeah, funkjazz, havin' ta shovel $#!tloads of snow... that BLOws, alright! :D So, where'd ya go for Basic, and when, and for what? I was a 12-Bravo ("Combat Engineer"), and did Basic and A.I.T. in Fort Lost-in-the-Woods, in the State of Misery...

ihategarybettman- I would, too, if I followed hockey more... cool screen-name, an old friend of mine would've loved that! Yeah, we've been having a pretty open winter most of the time for a few years now, down this way, too.

Yeah, funkjazz, havin' ta shovel $#!tloads of snow... that BLOws, alright! :D So, where'd ya go for Basic, and when, and for what? I was a 12-Bravo ("Combat Engineer"), and did Basic and A.I.T. in Fort Lost-in-the-Woods, in the State of Misery...

i'm in the Air Force. went to San Antonio Texas for basic, then onto Wichita Falls Texas for communications cable systems (AF specialty code 2E652). that was in may of '99. i'm on my way to Biloxi Miss in march for information magagement school (3A031).

right now i'm an E-5 AGR status, which is the active duty national guard. i'm attached to Hill AFB but work for a national guard unit. pretty cool deal. i get the active duty bennies but the lifestyle of a guardsmen :D

**i had to google gary bettman, i'm afraid i don't follow hockey but i got a good laugh. apparantly he has destroyed modern hockey as we know it !!(?) and lots of people hate him. :D **

We've been hit a few times, but it hasn't lasted long each time, so far this year. We've been getting a lot of warm/cold/warm/cold spells...

I was living in Rochester, NY (near Buffalo... y'all heard a Buffalo an' Winter, right?!?) when we got hit with an ice-storm that left us without electricity, hot water, stove and oven gas, or heat for nine-nights (and a tenth day) in February... man, THAT was some Winter weather! A lot of people lost there cars to fallen trees and even giant icecicles!

I lived and worked in Rome, NY for about 8 month, from Fall thru Spring, and the Winters were kinda wacky. It snowed every day for weeks, lightly, but I was staying on the East side of a lake, and it apparently warmed everything up, so we got hardly any snow.... but when we drove into town, it was always white. Fun stuff.

We got a good shot of snow the other day and we're not used to it in Vancouver B.C., It's melting now so we're lucky. It's nothing compared to what you 'all go through, but , man I hate the stuff. Wrecked my back shovelling the stuff the other day. I'm saving for a snow blower.
Don't sell anything. Just keep it all. Let it pile up and see it grow tall. Up thru the roof and into the sky. More is always better so pile it sky high.

We've been having a REALLY harsh winter here as well...

It snow... errrr...

It hail... ummmm...

Well, we got about a 1/4 inch of rain yesterday.

But it dried up in about an hour. :wave:

It's gonna get down to about 45 tonight... BRRRRRRR... :eek:

Time to get out the "footie jammies"! :D

guitplayer

I'm still "guitplayer"!

Check out my music if you like...

http://www.michaelsaulnier.com

I'll admit it: I don't mind snow. Sure, it sucks when it's 25 degrees and snowing on St. Patrick's Day, but I'll take that over the weather we've had so far this winter (30 to 35 and raining). In fact this has been the rainiest year I can remember around here and, quite frankly, snow would be a nice change. After the last year, I now hate rain and I have come up with a theory on what made Kurt Cobain off himself. It wasn't the history of suicide in his family, or his drug use, or even living with Courtney Love; it was having to deal with Seattle's weather.

They actually PREDICTED snow once so far this year. But it didn't happen :cool:

That is why I moved SOUTH :D

I went to school in northern Vermont and lived in Massachussetts for ten years. We had enough of it back in '91 (I think) when we had TWO snowfalls of MORE than two FEET.

It's cold today, actually below freezing this morning! Two days ago it hit the low 70's :rolleyes:

I am GLAD I moved south.

Dave the Warm :D

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

its friggen cold here in ol' Nova Scotia today, funny 2 days ago it seemed like spring. not alot of snow yet. last year we had a snow drift up to the roof of the tire plant where i work. the snow was hard enough to walk on to the roof! it didn't totally melt until almost june! winter seems to be coming later every year here. temp today is minus 31 celcius with the wind chill. i am waiting for my balls to drop! :D

oh by the way that is 23 below zero in fahrenheit.

Canadian Temp conversion...........

70 above

Texans turn on the heat and unpack the thermal underwear.

People in Canada go swimming in the Lakes.

60 above

North Carolinians try to turn on the heat.

People in Canada plant gardens.

50 above

Californians shiver uncontrollably.

People in Canada sunbathe.

40 above

Italian & English cars won't start.

People in Canada drive with the windows down.

32 above

Distilled water freezes.

Lake Superior's water gets thicker.

20 above

Floridians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves, and

woolly hats.

People in Canada throw on a flannel shirt.

15 above

Philadelphia landlords finally turn up the heat.

People in Canada have the last cookout before it gets

cold.

0 degrees

People in Miami all die...

Canadians lick the flagpole.

20 below

Californians fly away to Mexico.

People in Canada get out their winter coats.

40 below

Hollywood disintegrates.

The Girl Scouts in Canada are selling cookies door to door.

60 below

Polar bears begin to evacuate the Arctic.

Canadian Boy Scouts postpone "Winter Survival" classes until it gets cold enough.

80 below

Mt. St. Helens freezes.

People in Canada rent some videos.

100 below

Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.

Canadians get frustrated because they can't thaw the keg.

297 below

Microbial life no longer survives on dairy products.

Cows in Canada complain about farmers with cold hands.

460 below

ALL atomic motion stops (absolute zero in the Kelvin scale).

People in Canada start saying, "Cold 'nuff for ya?"

500 below

Hell freezes over.

The Leafs win the Stanley Cup

:D

Originally posted by guitplayer:

"We've been having a REALLY harsh winter here as well...

Time to get out the "footie jammies"!" :D

-guitplayer

Is that what the MC-5 were singin' about?

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/icons/icon3.gif

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/icons/icon2.gif Erik/CMDN, you've gotta augment your stage-show with "footie jammies" when you do "Kick Out The Jams" from now on! Trapdoor, uh, optional...

(By the way, the "trapdoor" goes IN THE BACK of the jammies, unless you REALLY want to be remembered!)

Archived