Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gibson $$ ?

NMcGuitar

A friend of mine has two Gibson acoustics that she wants to sell, but has no idea what they might be worth (she sort of inherited them).

I don't seem to be able to find these models anywhere but the Gibson (Montana) site, and they don't list a price.

1) CL-50 Supreme

2) EC-10 Standard

They seem to be pretty nice guitars (especially the CL-50), but I honestly don't have a clue as to what to tell her.

Anyone here have any ideas, or know a web site that might list them?

Thanks folks!

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Best bet is to find a copy of the Blue Book of Acoustic Guitars or give a call to Gruhn Guitar in Nashville, Tn or Elderly Instruments in Michigan for an estimated value. For a serious appraisal, it'll cost you to use Gruhn. Don't know about Elderly.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by guitar geezer:

and this guy says $3999 list for the CL-50 Supreme CL-50

it appears to be a top of line Custom Shop??

They probably late 90's

Hope this helps

LynnG

Here\'s a URL for you, regarding the CL-50. It's from the Gibson website. Searched for CL-50. from the date in the URL address, it appears to have been a 1998 Custom Shop model.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Oh, man, I'd love to check either of those out! I love Gibson acoustics, especially their flat-tops, and have found some of their newer "Montana" guitars to be among the best acoustics I've had the privilege to play!

Put some .013"-gauge DR "Sunbeam" strings- or .014" through .059" Martin Marquis- on there after a good cleaning and fretboard oiling and set-up, and go to town!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived