Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Moral dilema

Dave da Dude

Dave,

sorry if my suggestion came over the wrong way, I know you didn't ask for anything but advice, it was just an idea that came to me: if a lot of us just gave a little bit, we wouldn't really feel it and you would be out of your dilemma.

Sorry if I crossed a line there - HIT ME

as for stopping smoking... I know myself, so when I say I can stop for a couple of days... that's what I know is possible. Got it down to 7 - 10 cigarettes a day, and that's it I guess (coming from +40 a day)

anyway, I hope everything works out for the best as soon as possible for you

greetz

jO

- due to recent cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been SWITCHED OFF

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW everyone, finally went to a new church Sunday and the music group doesn't have a single guitar in it! They have drums, bass, keyboard, trumpet and of course singers, but no guitar. I'm going to sit in on their next practice. They play Contemporary Christian, but nothing hard or punk or anything like that (yet :D ). They need, IMHO, an acoustic type rhythm background, so that's "my bag" (I've got 6 & 12 strings). We'll see if it works out.

Dave

That sounds great, Dave! There isn't anything else like playing the guitar for God's glory, rather than our own.

I pray that it works out for you, and you bring a new dimension to the overall worship experience within that church!

God love you AND use you! :thu:

+><>

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

man i hope this works out for you and your wife. i know the feeling of being real close to getting a guitar. one year i had a yamaha pacifica 812w on layaway and we needed to go to Newfoundland because my wifes Grandfather passed away. things were real tight and with the help of my mother in law we had the extra cash to go. well i put my guitar dreams on hold and when we got back and straightened all our finances out i got my yamaha. on another note my first trip to Newfoundland was great and i am grateful i went. at first the plan was for my wife to go alone or take our oldest son and our youngest would stay home with me. i called my shop manager and supervisor who pulled some strings and allowed me to take vacation earlier. this left the crew shorthanded. but it all worked out and even though i had to wait to get my guitar, we were all together and my wife had our support. one question..will the store take the Raven as the final payment?

badblues,

sorry if my suggestion came over the wrong way, I know you didn't ask for anything but advice, it was just an idea that came to me: if a lot of us just gave a little bit, we wouldn't really feel it and you would be out of your dilemma.
I'm sorry if I came accross as upset. I wasn't upset, just didn't want to seem as if I was asking for financial help. I just needed moral advice (and this group is more in tune :D with the situation than Ann Landers).

Guitarzan,

one question..will the store take the Raven as the final payment?
I hadn't thought of that :eek: I kinda' doubt it, it's not exactly a mainstream guitar and they only sell Fender and Gibson (I know, VERY unusual combination, usually one OR the other), but I had not thought of that.

Besides, there's another solution. I'll fill all ya all in later. Gotta go, job huntin' right now.

Dave

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Archived