Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Alex Lifeson arrested

Jedro

I posted this over on SSS, nobody seemed to care much. Maybe there's a Rush fan or two over here.

Found this on CNN

web page

NAPLES, Florida (AP) -- The lead guitarist for the rock band Rush faces criminal charges after a New Year's Eve fight with sheriff's deputies.

Alex Zivojinovich, better known by his stage name Alex Lifeson, was arrested for what deputies described as drunken, violent behavior at the Naples Ritz-Carlton hotel.

Deputies said they used a stun gun on Zivojinovich, 50, who faces 6 charges that include aggravated battery on a law enforcement officer, resisting an officer with violence, and disorderly intoxication.

Also arrested were his 33-year-old son Justin Zivojinovich and wife Michelle Zivojinovich, 30.

Justin Zivojinovich said his father, who was still in Collier County jail late Thursday, had his nose broken by deputies.

He also said his father did not throw a female deputy down the stairs, as stated in arrest reports. She tumbled down the stairs as she pushed the guitarist down the stairwell, his son said.

The scuffle began when Justin Zivojinovich refused to leave a stage, according to the arrest report.

Rush's hits include "Tom Sawyer," from the 1981 album "Moving Pictures," "Limelight" and "Spirit of the Radio."

Everybody knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact. - Homer Simpson

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Florida sucks. Florida "Law" (and Florida "Laws") sucks. The police machine there is about as clean as that of LA, and I can bet this got distorted (or should I say, EX-torted) more and more out of proportion when MONEY was sniffed. You can bet that if it was a Florida judge or mayor who was out with their son and spouse and the same events unfolded, it would NOT have ended with arrests, let alone broken noses and people tumbling down stairs!!

Fuck Florida, and fuck their police asswipes and legal machinations! They give any good State and County police forces a black eye!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Caevan O'Shite:

Florida sucks. Florida "Law" (and Florida "Laws") sucks. The police machine there is about as clean as that of LA, and I can bet this got distorted (or should I say, EX-torted) more and more out of proportion when MONEY was sniffed. You can bet that if it was a Florida judge or mayor who was out with their son and spouse and the same events unfolded, it would NOT have ended with arrests, let alone broken noses and people tumbling down stairs!!

Fuck Florida, and fuck their police asswipes and legal machinations! They give any good State and County police forces a black eye!

Remember the Jim Morrison lewdness incident...wasn't that was good ole FLA ?
Lynn G

We'll never know the facts here...only what the paper reports. The "law" of course can turn anything to their benefit. Only those who were there for sure know the truth...and it will remain that way.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by Tedster:

"We'll never know the facts here...only what the paper reports. The "law" of course can turn anything to their benefit. Only those who were there for sure know the truth...and it will remain that way."

It shouldn't be that way, and doesn't have to be that way. I've stuck up for "cops" in discussions with you before, Ted, and in general, I support and applaud the good guys for taking the high road and often being underappreciated. But this shit has got to go; this shit is what the American Revolution, and WWI and WWII were fought over (if I've left out anyone's favorite war, sorry) and it's UNAMERICAN and immoral to have any tolerance for Police State styled activities, and the climate is getting better for that shit all the time.

I applaud Alex for standing up to these fucking (stun)gunhappy Nazi-ish asswipes. Fuck their she-cop who tripped down the stairs, I hope she's got one Hell of a headache.

If I'm wrong about this particular case, I'll be surprised; it reeks of the same shit as you read about in LA Police activities all the time.

Sorry, James, I don't mean the general people of Florida, it's the tilted legal system there. One very small example is how it's legal in Florida to stock and sell large amounts of heavy-duty fireworks- hey, you're paying sales tax, right?- but if you are found with them on your person by the police, you can be arrested and fined. Not for use, just for possession! And, of course, the fireworks would then be confiscated, and... gee, do I hear a police auction? Or, is that just the fireworks going off, at a police benefit?

If I wanted to make a research chore of this, I could probably write a book that you could get a hernia from about this kind of thing going on in Florida, even if I tried not to be so long-winded about it!

And, I know it's not unique to Florida, but it is particularly out of control there. Actually, it's perfectly under control there... that's the crux of my burnt-butt over this.

And, no, I never had a run-in with the "law" in Florida.

One very small example is how it's legal in Florida to stock and sell large amounts of heavy-duty fireworks- hey, you're paying sales tax, right?- but if you are found with them on your person by the police, you can be arrested and fined. Not for use, just for possession!

Same In Texas Caev :rolleyes:
Lynn G

Thing's were getting a little quit around here. Let em have it!! I hope they didn't mess up his fingers.

Coincidentally, a CD of Signals I ordered arrived today. That was a favorite of mine when I was 11 or 12.

It got lousy reviews when it came out but I like it better than Moving Pictures. The synth solo on "Subdivisions" is great.

"You never can vouch for your own consciousness." - Norman Mailer

Hey guys.

I've had my share of crap with police, and never was it anything illegal. Colorado Springs is a lot like Florida. Minus the weather and hurricanes. It's an ultra-conservative military town, riddled with old people, and everyone seems to be suspcious of everyone, except their neighbors.

Anyway long story short, I got searched on suspsicions of automatic weapons possession, been questioned twice for hanging out in the park, and had a couple other encounters with the police. I'm only mad at the fact that this town gets so boring that cops actually show up for a bunch of teenagers hanging out in a park at 9:30 PM in the middle of the summer. I suppose I am grateful our town is boring crime-wise, but it still bothers me that the local people actually get all worked up over stupid things. It's just the way the law works. Some guy kills 4 people and runs to Mexico, no one sees him, he gets off. You park in a handicapped spot for all of 30 seconds, and its a federal offense.

Shut up and play.

Should he change his name to "Alex Doinglifeson"?

"Moving Pictures" becomes "Moving Mugshots"?

"Permanent Waves" becomes "Permanent Record"?

Does Alex become "La Villain Strangiato"?

Come on, we must remember- the man's Canadian! Isn't is bad enough that they sit up there, all smug and Canadian, waiting for their moment to invade........?

Ok, seriously, I hope he's ok and that the problem goes away as simply as possible.

My main reason for this: "Limelight" features one of the great guitar solos of all time. Hey, I don't know the guy...what should else should I base it on?

Is there any where in the States where the police aren't corrupt and/or pathetic?

Archived