Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

THE BEST GUITAR IN THE WORLD!!!!

telepaul

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by funk_jazz:

'52 telecaster, butterscotch blonde, with joe barden PUP's.

http://www.fender.com/new_repository/fender_guitars/images/0100202_md.jpg

That would probaply be my choice as well even though I've never played one. I really like the looks of the guitar and I like maple fret boards on Fenders.
"What's with these new bands, everyone knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact." -Homer Simpson

Originally posted by djwayne:

My new desktop wallpaper... The Gretsch !!!

http://community.webshots.com/s/image4/6/1/52/107460152RhrRuc_ph.jpg

Had to copy the image source and paste it in my browser...that's a Duo Jet, like George Harrison's first Gretsch. Cool.

As for what's best? I dunno, I want 'em all. They all have strengths and shortcomings, which is why you have to have several guitars...so one can give you tones another one can't.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Tedster, Glad you liked the Gretsch wallpaper. A friend of mind put it together for me. I'm using it for my desktop, and my program Icons look great with that background. I seperate my icon and keep them in the same place all the time so they are easy to find..

computer and documents- upper left hand corner

music related programs- lower left hand corner

Internet related stuff-lower right hand corner

utilities and disk repair stuff upper right hand corner

The guitar breaks up the desktop nicely, and sort of seperates the various groups of icons.

Living' in the shadow,

of someone else's dream....

Originally posted by djwayne:

Tedster, Glad you liked the Gretsch wallpaper... The guitar breaks up the desktop nicely, and sort of seperates the various groups of icons.

I've got a Dean ML for my wallpaper. It's a cherry sunburst ML, with a flamed maple top. Like a classic LP but with the starfish shape and pointy headstock. :D Looks really good. :)

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

There is no "Best" guitar, there are just great guitars. I love lots of different ones. The Les Paul would be the "one" if I were forced to choose just one. But then what about the ES-335? Or the Wolfgang? Or hmmm, maybe the Telecaster? All awesome guitars in their own way. Well, if I could decide on the Les Paul then I'd have to think about which pickups and neck and hardware... oh man, just give me one of each!

A '59 Strat, with a Floyd Rose, headstock painted by Yoko Ono, brass nut, all brass hardware, Grover tuners, scalloped fretboard, three Gibson "Dirty Fingers" humbuckers, built-in EH "Soul Preacher" circuit, linoleum pickguard, and a shop-class laminated 31-piece body sealed in clear epoxy. Yum!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I'll have to stick with the guitars i've played, and the one i loved most was a Gibson Les Paul Studio. I didn't want to stop playing it! :D

- Bob Freebird

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Originally posted by funk_jazz:

'52 telecaster, butterscotch blonde, with joe barden PUP's.

http://www.fender.com/new_repository/fender_guitars/images/0100202_md.jpg

santa cruz tony rice for acoustic.

Thats about as good as gets my funky friend!
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

Originally posted by James-Italy:

There is no "Best" guitar, there are just great guitars. I love lots of different ones. The Les Paul would be the "one" if I were forced to choose just one. But then what about the ES-335? Or the Wolfgang? Or hmmm, maybe the Telecaster? All awesome guitars in their own way. Well, if I could decide on the Les Paul then I'd have to think about which pickups and neck and hardware... oh man, just give me one of each!

one of each...as my daughter-in-law says...if the shoe fits buy a pair in every color

i guess that's why i have so many guitars there's something about each of them that i like

have fun now!

whatever the mind of man can concieve & believe it can achieve!

study it as a science/practice it as an art!

luck...that's what happens when preparation & opportunity intersect

properly percieved every situation becomes an opportunity

Originally posted by telepaul:

I've never played a Rickenbaker....well, if their good enough for the Beatles their good enough for me! They've got a cool look too!

I've played one of the 6 string Rickenbachers, and it was very Tele like in tone, IMO. Nice sounding guitar, but not worth spending the extra money on, IMO. I'd rather have my Tele. :)

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

Archived