Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rock Guitarists & Vocalists

Leon_

Over the years there has been great music written with Rock Vocalists (Frontman) & Guitarists:

Here's a few of my favorite collaborations:

1.Eddie Van Halen & David Lee Roth

2.Gary Cherone & Nuno Bettencourt

3.Brian May & Freddie Mercury

4.Bobby Kimball & Steve Lukather (Toto)

5.Randy Rhoads & Ozzy Osbourne

6.David Coverdale & Steve Vai

7.Ritchie Blackmore & Ian Gillan

8.Jimmy Page & Robert Plant

9.Paul Gilbert & Eric Martin

10. Joe Lynn Turner & Ritchie Blackmore (Rainbow)

Cheers & Happy New Year !!

www.leonmaclellan.com

www.guitar9.com/leonmaclellan.html

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by sgstrat:

Jeff Beck and Rod Stewart

Robin Trower and James Dewar

Richard Thompson ands Sandy Denny

Michael Bloomfield and Paul Butterfield

Paul Kossoff and Paul Rodgers

And don't forget Mike Bloomfield and Al Kooper.

Or, Mike Bloomfield and Bob Dylan.

Or, Mike Bloomfield and Otis Spann.

Or, Mike Bloomfield and Steve Prokop....

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Originally posted by whitefang:

[[/qb]

And don't forget Mike Bloomfield and Al Kooper.

Or, Mike Bloomfield and Bob Dylan.

Or, Mike Bloomfield and Otis Spann.

Or, Mike Bloomfield and Steve Prokop....

Whitefang[/QB]

Or, Peter Green and Otis Spann!

Mudcat, you're so right about Keith and Mick, particularly about preferring Keith solo (especially "Talk is Cheap"). I once told a friend of mine who is a major Stones fan that I felt that Keith was now the best vocalist in the band - that totally pissed him off!

However, regarding Townshend and Daltrey, while they are a great guitarist/vocalist tandem, I don't think that they've collaborated that often over the years and certainly not on the majority of their classic songs.

Originally posted by ihategarybettman:

...However, regarding Townshend and Daltrey, while they are a great guitarist/vocalist tandem, I don't think that they've collaborated that often over the years and certainly not on the majority of their classic songs.

Agree about the collaboration part. Pete is the writer, period. The thing I like about these two is the way Pete writes for Roger (or the way Roger sings a Pete Townshend song. Not sure exactly what the dynamic is there).

That's what I like about the way they are paired up. There's just something about the way Daltrey sings Townshend that is really powerful.

As far as the Stones go, there are relatively few of their songs that Keith can't sing better than Mick, at least IMHO. I've never cared much for Mick's singing, with a few exceptions ("Ruby Tuesday" and "Mother's Little Helper" come to mind. Am I dating myself? :D )

Mudcat's music on Soundclick

"Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em."-The Webb Wilder Credo-

Originally posted by Mudcat:

Agree about the collaboration part. Pete is the writer, period. The thing I like about these two is the way Pete writes for Roger (or the way Roger sings a Pete Townshend song. Not sure exactly what the dynamic is there).

That's what I like about the way they are paired up. There's just something about the way Daltrey sings Townshend that is really powerful...

Agreed. But I should point out that Pete is an impressive singer, himself. The White City album alone is testament to his ability to sing his own songs, both power rock and ballad alike. :thu:

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

I liked Jeff Beck and Bob Tench better than him with Rod the Mod. I also liked Tommy Bolin with Candi-something (can't remember her name) from Zephyr. And while I don't really think Ozzy Osbourne is that great of a singer, his dynamic with Randy Rhoads was great.
"I look for whatever will cut the deepest... whammy bars and wah wah pedals can't be used as just gimmicks. They have to reflect and express your feelings." - Jeff Beck

Archived