Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Pretty funny website!

webe123

This website is pretty funny! http://www.givson.com/home.html

Check out their "products" page!!

I think I was told it was done by a student for his web design project at school. By the way....Givson is supposed to be a REAL GUITAR COMPANY! Someone on the gear page said they were made in India, that was where they saw some in a music store. (of course that same person said he walked out of the store laughing!) I was wondering if they had any les paul knockoffs....but all I could find was one on page 3 of the "products" section. (the only working section on the site) It is called the "BLACK DIAMOND"......yeah...right! It kinda looks like a les paul body, though twice as huge with a fender neck attached to it! http://www.givson.com/products3.htm Talk about some crappy looking guitars! I guess their slogan should be: GIVSON: ONLY A GIVSON.... ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH! (he!he!)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are a real guitar. I saw one acoustic guitar in a pawnshop with a Givson label & logo and it acutally seemed like a decent guitar. I think it was made in India.

Now, that's not to say someone with a real great sense of humor didn't take some other no-name guitar and put the Givson logo on it and the label inside but, why?

Now your post???

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Originally posted by daklander:

They are a real guitar. I saw one acoustic guitar in a pawnshop with a Givson label & logo and it acutally seemed like a decent guitar. I think it was made in India.

Now, that's not to say someone with a real great sense of humor didn't take some other no-name guitar and put the Givson logo on it and the label inside but, why?

Now your post???

Well the one you saw may have been a real givson guitar! They DO make those! And yes, someone on the gear page said they saw them in a music store in India! I think this site was done as a school project, I don't think it is the companies real website....or if they even HAVE a website! As far as what they PLAY like?? Couldn't tell ya! Don't think I would want to...... on some of those models though! I just thought it was kinda humorus the way they spelled Givson like the Gibson logo! And I still say: "Only a Givson.....Isn't good enough"!! (HE! HE!)

Originally posted by J J:

let me guess

you found this site by going to a search engine and typing in gibson, but you slipped and hit the v? :D

Yeah I'll agree, pretty dumb site...

LOL!! Well...er...no.....actually, I found it on a post on the gear page! A high dollar guitar forum. Somebody posted about it there! DON'T ask me what it was doing there! I really don't know! Mabye somebody was bored and decided to post it??

Archived