Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New spin on PRS Pickup Layout

Guitar Geezer

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Blue-

The press release says

December 22, 2003

PRS Guitars has announced the 513 Rosewood Model, featuring a newly developed PRS pickup system, providing 13 modern and vintage sounds utilizing 5 proprietary single coil pickups.

key word being Proprietary - I guess Pauls having someone make them, but he ain't saying yet ;)
Lynn G

Originally posted by guitar geezer:

Hey Blue-

The press release says

December 22, 2003

PRS Guitars has announced the 513 Rosewood Model, featuring a newly developed PRS pickup system, providing 13 modern and vintage sounds utilizing 5 proprietary single coil pickups.

key word being Proprietary - I guess Pauls having someone make them, but he ain't saying yet ;)
I asked because I like the looks of the pickups. Very unique look, and I don't see any adjustment screws.

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

We've needed a new idea, guitplayer!

Cool pic, guitar geezer; that's one drop- dead-sexy top on that axe. Gorgeous figure, I love how it looks different with the carved-contours. I'd love to try one, and I'd love to have that one for its looks! (DROOL-DROOL)

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by bluestrat:

Originally posted by guitar geezer:

Hey Blue-

The press release says

December 22, 2003

I asked because I like the looks of the pickups. Very unique look, and I don't see any adjustment screws.
Looking more closely at the picture, it does appear to have some "indentation" on the end of each of the "ovals" at the end of each pickup.

The detail and light aren't good enough to tell, but if there ARE adjustment capablities, it's probably there.

Maybe they adjust from the back or something? It sure seems interesting from a sound standpoint... I am looking forward to checking one out. I haven't GAS'd for a PRS for a while now... maybe this is the one!

guitplayer

I'm still "guitplayer"!

Check out my music if you like...

http://www.michaelsaulnier.com

Does anyone know the configuration possibilities of this guitar? It looks a little too 'pretty' for my tastes, but I can see the advantage in having all those single coils at your command.

I looked on the PRS site but there was nothing giving on the 513, anyone make an educated guess?

Archived