Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Brice bass ????????

Jason Washburn

I'm a left handed bass player, I have a washburn xb-200 that i love . Rescently i've been looking for a new bass...but i don't have a lot of money to spend.

So I notice this bass : Brice HXB-406 Left at this link:

http://www.rondomusic.bigstep.com/item.jhtml;?UCIDs=850849%7C1136902&PRID=1393347

This bass is a 6 string for 279.95$ us...I was amazed at first but then i started to question myself...What was the catch ?

I emailed the seller but i did not receive all the satisfaction i needed to convince myself to buy it..........

So, my question is: Is there a pro that is reading this message that has this bass or has played on a bass like this one that could give me some honest opinion about it......

Also, did bassplayer ever did a review on this brice product? or any other respectable bass magazine?

Thank you

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go to www.talkbass.com and search for the Essex megathread. Essex and Brice are both carried by Rondo music. You will find approximately 50 pages of people going on and on about how much they love those basses for the price.

I first saw them on Ebay and just laughed that anyone was stupid enough to buy that cheap of a bass off of Ebay($99-$130 for the Essex's), but evidently they are really a great bargain for the money and are generally considered better quality than Fender Squires that are twice the price.

The lack of suitable email response is probably because that guy is swamped with business, but I believe that you will see from that thread I mentioned that he gives good service even if you end up not happy with his product.

Don't write them off just yet.

Hey you white boy there

Go play that funky music

"ok...what's it pay?"

first smoke, then silence

your very expensive rig

dies so gracefully

No, don't go, J.W., we love bass playeres! Good ones, anyways... ( :D ) Seriously, welcome , it's got strings and you've got a mind, right? (Some "guitar players" that I've endured didn't have the latter and shouldn't have been allowed the former...)

You'll love the "Low Down Lowdown" Bass Forum, some great folks there!

There's also the "For the Band" Forum nearby, as well as all of the other MP Forums. Welcome to'em all!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by reachjkh:

Essex and Brice are both carried by Rondo music. You will find approximately 50 pages of people going on and on about how much they love those basses for the price.

I first saw them on Ebay and just laughed that anyone was stupid enough to buy that cheap of a bass off of Ebay($99-$130 for the Essex's), but evidently they are really a great bargain for the money and are generally considered better quality than Fender Squires that are twice the price.

So That's what an "AGILE" is :rolleyes:

The few times I've strolled over to HarmonyCentralsSideshow, I kept seeing all these flames about Agiles!!!!!

But personally, I love inexpensive guitars - hot rod the hell out of em...and you got money left over........

Say...you know....that flying V for $100 looks pretty good...(GAS attack) ;)

BTW Jason - a big Texas Howdy and Welcome to the club

:wave:

Lynn G

Archived