Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

look at this piece of wood!!

Guitarzan

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Hermey:

Nice looking yamaha! Beautiful top and inlays!

Yeah, but Guitarzan's Godin has nicer curves, IMO. The whole shape of the upper bout looks all wrong on the Yamaha; not too astheticly pleasing to my eyes.

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

a bit of extra info on this beast is that yamaha used honduran mahogany and it is a nitro finish (not poly) and all nickle hardware. and if you account that this is at least 10 years old and has aged respectively it is a great catch for someone. these were made in japan as well. more comfy to play with the extra cutaways and thinner body. sort of PRS meets Les Paul. i wish i had the cash.

Man, if you'd get a MiM Fender, you'd have a real "NAFTA-plus" rig there, Guitarzan! :D:thu:

That is a real beaut'; sorry that you couldn't get it! I recall a nice one in cherry sunburst in a music store in Rochester, NY years ago.

Hey, was it sold, for $750.00, or an undisclosed bid, or was the auction "ended" without a sale? I haven't e-bayed, and don't fully follow the meanings there.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Passed-Out Presence Under the Tree:

Man, if you'd get a MiM Fender, you'd have a real "NAFTA-plus" rig there, Guitarzan! :D:thu:

That is a real beaut'; sorry that you couldn't get it! I recall a nice one in cherry sunburst in a music store in Rochester, NY years ago.

Hey, was it sold, for $750.00, or an undisclosed bid, or was the auction "ended" without a sale? I haven't e-bayed, and don't fully follow the meanings there.

not sure , maybe someone bought it outside of the auction. i had my eye on a mexi strat about a year ago, nice burst and 3 gold lace sensors. someone beat me to it. i will get a strat eventually maybe a highway one with a bridge humbucker.

Oh, I wasn't trying to point out any lack in your harem there, it just struck me how you've got some real Canadian/US/Japanese polygluttony guitorgy action goin' on there, that's all!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I just emailed the seller. I don't know if I can come up with the cash, but I'll be driving through Indy next week and hope to check it out, if it's available and within my grasp, financially.

I disagree, Bluestrat. The Yamaha, like the current McInturff's, have wonderful curves, plus, I like the Venetian cutaway. The Godin's are great guitars, but I don't dig the looks as much as the Yami. I just wish the Weddington had P-90's. :(

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

On the whole ebay thing, if it shows "0" bids, it was not sold (on ebay). If it also shows "removed because the item listed is no longer availble", it means that the item was sold not using ebay. Sometimes this happens by emails between an iterested party (who gets the info from the ebay listing) and the seller. This is not strictly by the ebay guidelines, but oh well ...

If it shows one or more bids and "the winner is ....", then it was bought (by someone else) on ebay.

Hope this helps. It's confusing to me. My wife had to explain it to me. :D

Dave

PS There's another Weddington for sale on ebay that has a BAD crack from the rearmost tone knob to the output jack and through to the back of the guitar. Nice guitar though, and it looks as though she'll go cheap (currently $120.50, but it'll go up quick tomorrow morning. Naturally antique white, 2 Vol, 2 Tone controls. ebay # 2366237674

The seller sent me good closeups of the crack if anyone's interested. It's oaver about noon 12/19 so contact me asap if you're interested. I just really can't do it. :cry:

PPS Every Yamaha guitar I've ever picked up has been a nice guitar. I'd bet this one is awesome, if you can get it repaired. He claims it plays okay as is, just has an intermidant contact on the output jack.

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Originally posted by Passed-Out Presence Under the Tree:

Oh, I wasn't trying to point out any lack in your harem there, it just struck me how you've got some real Canadian/US/Japanese polygluttony guitorgy action goin' on there, that's all!

yeah i know. i sort of head down the less traveled path on ebay, way better deals. man i seen some washburn cts's and p series (les paulish) guitars that were NEW and being cleared by the stores. all mahogany with seymour duncans and USA made with a buy it now at 400 to 500 dollars! man some hamers go for way cheap (compared to some manufacturers) prices on ebay. to me "NOT AS POPULAR" =better prices for the same quality.

guitarzan,

.. man some hamers go for way cheap (compared to some manufacturers) prices on ebay. to me "NOT AS POPULAR" =better prices for the same quality.
YES! :thu:;)

Generally speaking a nice hamer studio can be had for around $600 to $700 USD.

Dave the Cheap

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

I played a Weddington Custom at the Yamaha booth at a NAMM years ago when they first came out and that was the only time - but I've never forgotten the experience. It was, flat out, one of the nicest playing and sounding electric guitars I have ever played. I'd love to own one. VERY nice guitars. :thu:

Archived