Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

archer guitars

moronman703

I'm wondering about archer guitars. I am thinking about buying one but haven't heard much on them. I looked on their website, and on some review sites but didn't find anything on the ss8. It looks like just a regular beginners guitar but I wanted to know anyone has played one or knows any review sites that might have it.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I can remember right, Archers are built in Wisconsin. For some reason, they tend to be lower priced instruments, however their acoustic labels say that they are handbuilt in Wisconsin...(I can't remember the town though). The acoustic that I played was a decent instrument, very nice looking, and the sound was comparable to $400-500 dollars guitars. It most definately had it's flaws, but was overall a nice instrument, especially for a hobbyist or beginner. Their electrics tend to be flashy instruments, lots of gold hardware, and thick finishes...(from the few models that I have run across). I cannot speak for their overall craftsmanship, but the doubleneck model that I played was very very nice, barring a proper setup and a few upgrades. Other than that, I know very little about them, and the only reason that I have seen some archers is that I live primarily in Wisconsin. Sorry I cannot be of any more help.

Archived