Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sort of spammy - but cool tweed champs at a cool price

myles_rose

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by reachjkh:

ok...well, I'm ruined for the rest of the day after reading that.

Drop me a line anytime for a visit.

Myles S. Rose

www.guitaramplifierblueprinting.com

www.la-economy.blogspot.com

www.facebook.com/mylesr

www.twitter.com/myles111us

Originally posted by James-Italy:

Myles,

Haven't spoke to Ludo yet. Did you get a chance to test drive my amp this weekend?

James,

I was tied up most of the weekend. I think I have two amps to do this week for him, and I think yours is one of them, as it is wired for non US voltage, so that is probably yours.

I also gave Ludo two Sovtek 12AX7WA tubes, one for each of the two amps that he is shipping this week. I spec'd and traced them, and put them in white boxes marked with the specs and marked "champ practice tube".

Ludo normally ships the amps with very high end tubes like RCA's and Telefunkens or Mullards etc. I thought it would be a nice to include a "practice" tube so you could save the Telefunken for important stuff, and when you are just goofing around, use the new Sovtek tube, which is very quiet and reliable.

No charge for that tube by the way.

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

As always you are the best Myles! :thu:

What a great idea about a nice pre-amp tube for practising- thanks. (Won't do too bad in the Univalve either I'm guessing :D )

Don't be afraid to crank that baby up- you know I will! Besides, we gotta break in that speaker you know.

James,

You will get a hand written sheet with the voltages, noise floor, output, and a bunch of other stuff.

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

Originally posted by WaterMan:

Originally posted by myles111:

[qb]I think I have two amps to do this week for him, and I think yours is one of them, as it is wired for non US voltage, so that is probably yours.

QB]

Is the other one mine, by chance?

Anthony

Anthony,

I don't know. Maybe call Ludo and ask him, as I am supposed to do at least one this evening, as later this week I am supporting some folks from Nashville at night through Thursday night, so this may be the night I will have yours if it is yours. I know I had two to do, and one was non-USA voltage (James in Italy). If the other is yours, you will also get one of those traced Sovtek 12AX7WA "practice tubes" for free thrown in (not literally).

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

[qb]I think I have two amps to do this week for him, and I think yours is one of them, as it is wired for non US voltage, so that is probably yours.

QB]

Is the other one mine, by chance?

Anthony

Anthony,

I don't know. Maybe call Ludo and ask him, as I am supposed to do at least one this evening, as later this week I am supporting some folks from Nashville at night through Thursday night, so this may be the night I will have yours if it is yours. I know I had two to do, and one was non-USA voltage (James in Italy). If the other is yours, you will also get one of those traced Sovtek 12AX7WA "practice tubes" for free thrown in (not literally).

Thanks, Myles; I'll check with Ludo :thu:

Originally posted by funkjazz:

Myles,

have you seen/played one of his tweed deluxes?

there's a teaser at the bottom of the website...

funkjazz.........

I have seen every one of these made, have played every one of these made, and I check out every one of these made.

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

James .....

I checked your amp out a few days ago.

I would have written earlier but was tied up.

It's a killer. It is the strongest one that I have seen yet from all of Ludo's amps. Maybe that was due to the Europe voltage, but in any case, the amp is very quiet and has a lot of clean headroom to boot.

With a 62 strat / alnico pickups, with the amp on 8 (out of 12), and the guitar on 7-8, there was enough clean headroom and level to play really nicely with some Chris Isaak material. Hit the guitar volume knob to 10, and it gets that very cool distorted tone. Crank the amp to 9-12 and it gets to be too much with a big smile by all.

A lot more time went into the testing of your amp as with the different power transformer setup for Europe voltages, so very cool things happen. The Champ tone and feel are not changed at all, it is just that it all can be done with even more clean headroom if you want it. It played so great I could not stop.

Very cool amp. I think you will have a blast.

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

James .....

It's a killer. It is the strongest one that I have seen yet from all of Ludo's amps. Maybe that was due to the Europe voltage, but in any case, the amp is very quiet and has a lot of clean headroom to boot.

With a 62 strat / alnico pickups, with the amp on 8 (out of 12), and the guitar on 7-8, there was enough clean headroom and level to play really nicely with some Chris Isaak material. Hit the guitar volume knob to 10, and it gets that very cool distorted tone. Crank the amp to 9-12 and it gets to be too much with a big smile by all.

A lot more time went into the testing of your amp as with the different power transformer setup for Europe voltages, so very cool things happen. The Champ tone and feel are not changed at all, it is just that it all can be done with even more clean headroom if you want it. It played so great I could not stop.

Maybe I should put in a 220v circut for mine :D;)

James .....

Thanks Myles!!!! :thu:

Ludo said it's the most powerful amp he's ever made at 8.5watts with lots of clean headroom. Sounds like that wasn't just talk. :) He also confirmed he's shipping along your hand selected practise tube. Can't wait to get this baby.

I'll be in Finland till next Friday and it should get here that day. Good thing I'll be busy or the wait would be tough to handle. Thanks again Myles!

James .....

Maybe I should put in a 220v circut for mine :D;)
WaterMan..........

I don't think you'd have to do that. The one I tested before James's amp was very strong, right in the same ballpark.

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

James .....

Thanks Myles!!!! :thu:

Ludo said it's the most powerful amp he's ever made at 8.5watts with lots of clean headroom. Sounds like that wasn't just talk. :) He also confirmed he's shipping along your hand selected practise tube. Can't wait to get this baby.

I'll be in Finland till next Friday and it should get here that day. Good thing I'll be busy or the wait would be tough to handle. Thanks again Myles!

James,

I think you will be pretty amazed. By the way, I also charged Ludo for one year of support on the amp for you. This means you can call or write for help, he will give you my home number (not that it will do that much good over in Europe), but you may find a tube or two finding their way to you over the next year now and then.

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I took the bait one night after a Martini or two (and yes, to comment on another recent thread, let's not kid ourselves: alcohol affects your playing in a very negative way) and bought one of these Champs. Waited 5 or 6 weeks and then it showed up -- right on time!

I generally don't go on and on about things, so I won't. Let me just say that this little sucker is unbelievable. All the usual adjectives apply, but beyond that, there really is somthing special about it that you just have to hear. No, it won't replace your 100W, 4x12 stack, or anything else for that matter, but if you like the Champ sound, I highly recommend you check this out. :thu::thu:

I've avoided this thread for as long as I can! However, with the exchange rate being what it is I would be foolish to ignore this deal for any longer.

So, I've mailed him asking about the possibility of shipping one of these beauties to Ireland, along with the necessary voltage change. It will cost me about the same price as I would have to spend to get a Mexican Strat!

James I'm also keen to get a listen to your new baby! Hope you're enjoying every minute of it, it's got some great company in that studio of yours.

Tea. :thu:

Originally posted by michael c:

So Myles, do you recommend this beauty of an amp or the Victoria Champ? Any differences?

Thank you.

Michael,

Give me a call at 1-800-459-5687 and I can go over the differences.

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

michael c,

I traded in my Yamaha AW16G (portable digital recorder) for the new Yamaha 01X digital mixer/DAW front-end. It has no internal recorder capabilities so until I get my PC setup down in the studio I won't be able to record anything. Should be up and running by this weekend. As soon as it's working I'll record something.

Tea,

with the $/ like it is it's really a bargain compared to what gear goes for here in Italy. Probably the same for you. I can assure you the 220v transformer works perfectly. You'll have to put a local plug on it though, because Ludo only has US plugs. Took me about 5 minutes and it's really easy.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by Rob Campbell:

Ordered one about 2 week's ago. Aprox 3 week's more to go. Can't wait! It's just like a triple rectifier right? (Just Kidding)

Rob

Rob,

Are you the person whose amp I checked out for Ludo where he said the amp was going to Sacramento?

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

Rob,

Are you the person whose amp I checked out for Ludo where he said the amp was going to Sacramento?[/QB]

That may have been me. BTW, it's starting to break in and I just put Kinman pickups on my strat -- what a great combination (and dead silent) :thu:

Archived