Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Orange Amps

batterypowered

I almost bought an Orange tube 1-12" combo recently. My impression of the amp was that it was pretty darn good but only at one thing. It excells at one particular sound which is an overdriven, thick, creamy sound. However, the clean sound was harsh and the highs were thin sounding. The Top Hat Clubman I compared it with blew it away and that's the amp that I bought.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Your Ad Here:

I almost bought an Orange tube 1-12" combo recently. My impression of the amp was that it was pretty darn good but only at one thing. It excells at one particular sound which is an overdriven, thick, creamy sound. However, the clean sound was harsh and the highs were thin sounding. The Top Hat Clubman I compared it with blew it away and that's the amp that I bought.

Was it a single channel amp? That would explain a lot, since very few high-powered single channel amps can do both clean and distortion well. It takes two channels to do it right.

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

I tried a smaller Orange combo, I can't really remember the model name, 60 Watts. Anyways, I was dead set on this thing, but on a whim I tried a Rivera, and I thought that the amount of different tones available on the Rivera was absolutely amazing. I decided to go with it, purely for the clean tone blowing the poop out of the Orange. However, I must say that since I have gotten the Rivera, I sometimes wish I would have stuck with the Orange simply for the great Crunch that I got from it, my Rivera is good, but very vintagy-old fender overdrive sounding.

Archived