Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ever seen one of these?

Guitar Geezer

Never seen this brand before...

http://www.teamtatham.com/lynntest/sx2000.jpghttp://www.teamtatham.com/lynntest/head.jpg

Model: Intertek MCI

S/X 2000

Year: 80's?

Price: FREE :D

(A good friend - one of the Geezers- had his son pull it out of the closet and return it. Said maybe it will do til I get my New one)

Figure new strings, clean the pots, tweak the PUPS, and I'm back to rockin!

Yeah :wave:

Lynn G

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who cares, as long as it plays well, and looks solid? :)

Could you send us some more details, like a better headstock pic, serial #, and closer pics of the body maybe?

That's a nice find! :thu: I'd probably upgrade the nut and tuners, so I could divebomb more. Also, if the price were $FREE like you said, if it sounds good acoustically, I wouldn't hesitate to change the pickups. I'd go for some EMG 85 and 81 pickups with that one. Suits the name of the guitar.

Dr Taz, thanks for the info..

found this on VGuitar,com:

MCI Intertek guitars

MCI Intertek. These guitars were in production in the mid-1980's by a company in the USA, started by John Burkhead. A former Fender design engineer, Gene Fields, also worked for the company. There guitars were mainly "super strats" and look a lot like Jacksons. I think Fred Gretsch Guitars bought them in 1985, which means that Fender would now own the trademark.

Planning on replacing most everything eventually!!! BTW - No serial numbers on the surface?

http://www.teamtatham.com/lynntest/bighead.jpg

Lynn G

Lynn G

That exact guitar, even in the same color, was my first guitar. I was in eigth grade and I bought it for $100 dollars. Someone had flipped the neck plate upside down (some dumb guy who thought it looked cool). I of course thought it was retarded and unscrewed the neck to switch it around-WITH THE STRINGS STILL ON IT AT FULL TENSION> Now mind you at the time I didn't even know how to pay an electric, but with a little help from the guitar tech's at Music Center in Kenosha, WI- the set-up was flawless. Now that is a well made neck if there ever was one. I later traded it for a decent penny and bought an 80's AMerican BC Rich for a near even exchange. An awesome guitar by all means, definately a keeper, and a good candidate for a FRANKENSTRAT!

Now that is a well made neck if there ever was one. I later traded it for a decent penny and bought an 80's AMerican BC Rich for a near even exchange. An awesome guitar by all means, definately a keeper, and a good candidate for a FRANKENSTRAT!
Thanks for the post, yeah, the more I work with it the better I like it. The neck and frets are immaculate - almost too straight ;)

Looking at maybe getting some Duncan Design HBs at MF ($29). The stock PUPs are a little weak. Got inside and sprayed the vol and tone pots last night with TV Tuner and they're much smoother..

Think it's gonna be a pretty good rock machine...So now I can concentrate on getting that Ibanez Artcore 335 :D

Lynn G

Lynn G

Archived