Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MXR Dynacomp

helicopter

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've heard debates about the script versus block MXR pedals, and as far as tone is concerned, unless you have used or owned an old MXR pedal, I don't think you'll see a difference in tone. Some people do, some people don't. Its sort of a real '57 Strat versus '57 Reissue debate. Sometimes its just luck of the draw.
Shut up and play.

I think that the script Vs. block debate is over the Distortion +. I think some capacitor values or types got changed somewhere along the line and that would account for a change in tone. Sort of like the thing with the TS-808 Vs. the TS-9 Vs. the TS-7, etc.

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

Originally posted by bluestrat:

I think that the script Vs. block debate is over the Distortion +. I think some capacitor values or types got changed somewhere along the line and that would account for a change in tone. Sort of like the thing with the TS-808 Vs. the TS-9 Vs. the TS-7, etc.

It's over the Phase 90 and Dynacomp too. If people can brag about how there expensive "vintage" pedal sounds better, they will. It could be a "suck" pedal. As long as its pre-1970 and used by someone who with an album.
Shut up and play.

Archived