Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Guitar setups

Johnny Bitch

I don't play alot of live gigs, but I do alot of studio work, so I have several setups for my guitars.

Setup used:

Chandler Tube Driver into a Marshall

Tube Screamer into a Fender Blues

Rackmount SansAmp straight into PT

What setups do you guys use and do you vary one setup OR do you have different setups?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one set up for me presently.

musical thoughts leave my brain and head to my fingers ( sometimes getting lost on the way)

from my fingers they travel through a dava or dunlop pick into the DR(preferably) strings which are mounted on my Godin LGsp90. from there they cruise my planet waves cable to my DG100 amp where they are turned into 1's and 0's and make me sound just like..me. :D note the DG100 amplifies them into REALLY BIG 1's and 0's. and i happen to think they are some of the sweetest sounding 1's and 0's! :D

I usualy use this rig:

Squier Strat w/ Seymour Duncan JB jr. or Scorcher bridge pickup

Conquest 10' cable

homebuilt Marshall JCM-800 2204 (50W) variation. My preamp is setup like a cross between the JCM-800 and a Mesa Dual Rectifier. The output section is like a blackface Bassman.

Pedals are usualy not used, but when I do use them I use the following:

1) DOD Mystic Blues OD

2) homebuilt Fuzz Face variations

3) EH Big Muff Pi

4) Tronix DS-710 distortion

5) DOD Death Metal distortion

6) Rocktek CHR-01 Chorus

7) homebuilt Tremolo

8) homebuilt Crunch Box distortion

9) Radio Shack/Realistic Electronic Reverb (echo)

10) modified Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

Originally posted by WOW:

Setup used:

Chandler Tube Driver into a Marshall

Tube Screamer into a Fender Blues

Now that's the way a good rig should be. A couple pedals into a quality amp. I'm ashamed to admit I've got eight pedals, running six at a time into a SS amp. It sounds pretty good, but I still need a tube amp.
Shut up and play.

My live rig is kind of similar to my recording rig, but with recording there are a lot more variables, of course.

Gibson ES355 (stereo in mono)

Strat Plus with Clapton electronics

Gibson Chet Atkins Nylon electric

Taylor Anniversary XXV-DR Dreadnought

Strat Warmouth with GK-2 pickup for never used midi

Les Paul Anniversary 25/50

Amps:

Mesa Boogie Quad preamp w/ Randall 2-80 power amp.

Seymour Duncan Convertible

Live rig effects:

Sometimes a Roland Compressor footpedal

Roland SDE 1000 digital delay

Digitech 256XL multi effects (reverb)

Yamaha SPX90II (chorus)

Patchbay and Roland linemixer

2 single 12 inch speaker cabs-Celestians

Recording:

Seymour Duncan amp with either Royer 121 or SM57

either a Millennia HV-3 micpre or an old vintage Stevenson Neve-ish pre into Peavy VCL-2 compressor -->into Metric Halo 2882+dsp/ULN-2 audio interfaces --> into Digital Performer 4.11

Acoustic guitar either a Royer 121 or a Blue Baby Bottle or Oktava MK-012 into Millennia HV-3 mic pre and Peavy VCL-2 Compressor.

or direct through Sansamp

All the best,

Henry Robinett

Originally posted by revolead:

Originally posted by revorhythm:

my god man.....................my god!

I don't think he uses them all at once. I could be wrong, but...
I have used a fuzz and the Big Muff Pi together. Can you say "Billy Corgan"? Sure! I knew you could. :)

I hardly ever use more than four pedals at once; an OD/distortion > chorus > echo > tremolo. That's the most I'd use in one chain.

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

Fender Fat Strat with SD replacement pickups (Screamin' Demon - bridge, Quarter Pound Flat - middle, Vintage Rails - neck)

Digitech GNX3 (you name it, it's got it - well, almost)

Tech 21 Power Engine 60 amplifier fed to the PA (Mackie 808S to JBL mains and Ross Cabs)

Can ya hear me now? :thu:

Mike

Petting Hendrix

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked in the head by an iron boot? Of course you don't--no one does--that never happens.

Now that's the way a good rig should be. A couple pedals into a quality amp. I'm ashamed to admit I've got eight pedals, running six at a time into a SS amp. It sounds pretty good, but I still need a tube amp.
Yeah, that's right. You need a tube amp. :thu: I held out as long as I could, but once I had one, even a not-so-perfect one (and "only" $350. Let's see, at $50 per pedal, that would be $400 you've spent on pedals), there was no looking back. :cool: You need to do it. You will never regret it! :thu:

I have to admit that I have too many pedals too, but I just use them to "play 'round". I've got BOSS EQ-7, DOD FX-55C Supra (major Distortion), DOD Delay and a Dunlop Cry-Baby 535Q. Not counting the Cry-Baby (I paid full street price before I realized that what I needed was a tube amp) I paid a grand total of $45 for the other three pedals on ebay (including S & H).

I'm in the middle of a year long project to build an Orange Squeeze compresion pedal. Sighhhhh ....

Whenever I play seriously (ha, ha :D ), I use none or just the Cry-Baby. :cool:

Dave

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Archived