Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone ever used Graph Tech saddles?

CyberStrat

I have a set of graph tech saddles in guitarstuff box and was considering putting them on my strat.

Graph Tech saddles

I was wondering if anyone has used or seen the graph tech saddles? I was wondering if they are really better that stock stamped steel? Do they change tone? I don't want to go through all the work of changing/setting up the guitar if there really isn't any benifet.

Thanks for responses,

Paul

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by CyberStrat:

I was wondering if anyone has used or seen the graph tech saddles? I was wondering if they are really better that stock stamped steel?

Yep, I use them. The are better in my opinion, because the strings stay in tune longer and seem to stabalize sooner when you put a new set on.
Do they change tone? I don't want to go through all the work of changing/setting up the guitar if there really isn't any benefit.
The Graph-Tech String Savers didn't seem to change the tone to my ears, but the increased string life is the main factor for me. I like 'em! :thu:

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

Originally posted by bluestrat:

The Graph-Tech String Savers didn't seem to change the tone to my ears, but the increased string life is the main factor for me. I like 'em! :thu:

Yeap, that's true I use G.T. in one of my Fender Strat and don't have any problem :thu:

I have Graph-Tech saddles on my Tele and my Les Paul, fitted mainly to stop me breaking strings. Any difference in tone is minimal to my ears, the Tele was identical, the Paul maybe a little less top end.

As bluestrat has said, they do improve on the life of your strings, but don't worry too much about them altering your sound. You can always swap back if they don't suit, Tea.

I installed graph tech saddles on both of my Tex Mex Strats. The reason is that these vintage style stamped steel saddles were absolutely MURDEROUS on guitar strings. I tried honing these saddles but nothing worked and I would break B and high E strings at the drop of a hat and always at the saddle.

Since I installed the graphite saddles, the tone is still good but the strings NEVER break at the saddle anymore. They last longer and when they do break it is usually about a foot in front of the saddle which means they are breaking because they are worn out due to picking.

Archived