Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

pickin my guitar up monday!!.....

EmptinesOf Youth

finally, after 3 months of talking about it im finally going monday to get a new guitar. Im hopin to pick up a Ibanez SZ520QM (cant they have real names?) http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/zoom/SZ520QMGAB.jpg

but i dont know what the odds of the local store actually having it, and guitar center is a good drive away, either way i hope to walk out with something

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dr. Taz,

Cool. That looks like a good alternative to their Artist style guitars, which look kind of like a Les Paul with two cutaways.
That's called a Les Paul Double Cut. I know where there's a beauty that's got a Flamed Green Top and plays very well. I've got my eye, but not my money, on it. I don't know what her name is, but I'm sure it's not Martha. Call her Jill, or call her Samantha, or call her Boom Boom, or .....

Dave

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Originally posted by Dave th Dude:

Dr. Taz,

Cool. That looks like a good alternative to their Artist style guitars, which look kind of like a Les Paul with two cutaways.
That's called a Les Paul Double Cut. I know where there's a beauty that's got a Flamed Green Top and plays very well. I've got my eye, but not my money, on it. I don't know what her name is, but I'm sure it's not Martha. Call her Jill, or call her Samantha, or call her Boom Boom, or .....

Dave

Dave, I meant Ibanez's Artist guitars. Sorry if I wasn't clear about it before. Here\'s a peek at one current model.

sadly,...no im not playing it...wish i was though...heres how it went down....

as i thought, the store didnt have the guitar, so i ended up having them order it for me. Theres ups and downs to this situation. The guitar is 450 from musicans friend, i got it for 400, not including tax, i think it was like 420. Anyway,i put 80 dollars down and the dude said that if i dont like how it plays and stuff that 80 bucks just turns into store credit and i dont have to buy it. But i gotta wait.....ohhh

Originally posted by Dave th Dude:

Dr. Taz,

Yeah, but the Les Paul Double Cutaways do not actually look like the Artist series at all. Infact, the cutaways are very rounded in the bottom, and do not have sharp points. I own two different Artist models, and I have to say that I have not crossed many Gibsons that are quite as cool as the Artist series guitars. The new ones suck,, but the old ones really rock the Schiznit!

Dave

Archived