Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Carmen Ghia and THD Univalve Recording Session Settings

myles_rose

This last weekend we continued on the blues project recordings.

I phtographed some of the settings used and there are also comments on the amp settings, tubes, mics, etc.

If you have ideas or comments, please feel free to post them here, including suggestions.

This will be a boxed set when it is done. We are shooting for a five CD set in the end.

If you are a So Cal player and wish to contribute playing talent (but in the end if money comes in, you will be paid per sales of the CD), let me know also.

We are trying to cover the areas from Acoustic Blues (early 1900s stuff, and Delta Blues) to Electric Blues (including Texas Blues, Chicago Blues and crossover rock / blues etc.). We currently have three (well, actually two and a half) offers from labels for the end project which was initially being done on spec.

In any case, the settings from the last session are at:

http://www.guitaramplifierblueprinting.com/sessions.html

Myles S. Rose

www.guitaramplifierblueprinting.com

www.la-economy.blogspot.com

www.facebook.com/mylesr

www.twitter.com/myles111us

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by James-Italy:

Cool Myles- thanks for sharing!

James ....

You are more than welcome.

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

• 2 weeks later...

hey myles. i recently got the Ghia Head and am runing it though a 1X12 Greenback cab with a Hamer USA studio with Duncan 59's in it. i was looking at your setting for the Ghia and you have the tone knob at about 2 o'clock. if i put my tone knob there, the amp is WAY too dark. i actually find the amp a tad on the dark side anyway.

so i'm thinking, class A EL84, it shouldn't be dark sounding. (JJ EC83 and Sovtek 5751 PI, JJ EL84's that came with the amp used).

what would you think was up or is this normal? could it be the power tubes are getting a bit worn?

any comments or suggestions?

Originally posted by johnny5:

hey myles. i recently got the Ghia Head and am runing it though a 1X12 Greenback cab with a Hamer USA studio with Duncan 59's in it. i was looking at your setting for the Ghia and you have the tone knob at about 2 o'clock. if i put my tone knob there, the amp is WAY too dark. i actually find the amp a tad on the dark side anyway.

so i'm thinking, class A EL84, it shouldn't be dark sounding. (JJ EC83 and Sovtek 5751 PI, JJ EL84's that came with the amp used).

what would you think was up or is this normal? could it be the power tubes are getting a bit worn?

any comments or suggestions?

On a strat which is brighter, and the strats volume all the way up, there is enough brightness for a great squeal if you want it.

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

Archived