Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Myles is THE MAN!

roy d

I just wanted to say this publicly... we have all benefited from Myles generosity of his knowledge, his advice, and for some of us even free tubes sent our way or an amp loaned. Thanks Myles!

I'm fortunate enough to live close enough that I've had two of my amps at Myle's house with him poking around, giving advice and showing me which tubes compliment the amp and my playing style. And he has even given me a few wonderful tubes.

Thank you Myles. I really appreciate your expertise but more than that your spirit which exemplifies all of the best in music... it is about community and caring and expression.

peace my friend

Roy

Roy

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/alexisdmusic.htm

"once it stops bein' a mystery it stops bein' true"

David Mowaljarlai - Ngarinyin Aboriginal Elder

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by roy d:

I just wanted to say this publicly... we have all benefited from Myles generosity of his knowledge, his advice, and for some of us even free tubes sent our way or an amp loaned. Thanks Myles!

I'm fortunate enough to live close enough that I've had two of my amps at Myle's house with him poking around, giving advice and showing me which tubes compliment the amp and my playing style. And he has even given me a few wonderful tubes.

Thank you Myles. I really appreciate your expertise but more than that your spirit which exemplifies all of the best in music... it is about community and caring and expression.

peace my friend

Roy

Roy ....

Thanks for the compliments, and I hope you know that my door is always open to you and your family.

I did add a response to your post on the board you had in your Champ. It is a great piece of work and when I saw the post I wanted to say a few things.

As far as the free tubes .... you have a great sounding amp, but I could not deal with the Sovtek 6V6, and that noisy preamp tube had to go too. I don't like amps leaving my house if they are great amps, that were made to sound the way they should when we are tweeking.

I saw different qualities (as you did too), on the GE, RCA, and Fivre, and since I liked different qualities of each and could not decide which of them to leave in the amp, the typical thing happend ... we just left one of them in there and boxed up the other two for you to decide which to use for what.

On the economics side, if there are one or two of the three that you don't like as much, you can always sell them on ebay and pay for your gas for your trip :) They are all NOS, and the 50s tube could be sold perhaps for at least $50.00 .... maybe two of them for even $100, so you could buy a lot of strings or blank CDs for your recording projects!

Happy playing, and it was my pleasure.

Myles S. Rose

www.guitaramplifierblueprinting.com

www.la-economy.blogspot.com

www.facebook.com/mylesr

www.twitter.com/myles111us

roy d,

I really appreciate your expertise but more than that your spirit which exemplifies all of the best in music... it is about community and caring and expression.
Same here. Definetly above and beyond the call. He even put up with all my stupid questions when I first got to this forum and was trying to figure out how to afford a tube amp.

Because of his expertise, and great patience with me :D , I was able to get an affordable and completely (to me) acceptable tube amp. :thu:

I wish I could think of something else really great to say to completely express my gratitude to Myles for his help to me and his patience with all the newbies. :thu::cool: It's difficult to express in words what Myles does for us on an everyday basis.

Dave

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Yeah, Myles is alright, for a newbie.

Me and Bralalalala and Carmine had to turn him on to tube-amps and show'im how to use 'em, though. But he was a quick learn, pretty white for a flyboy! ;):D

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Caevan O'Shite:

Me and Bralalalala and Carmine had to turn him on to tube-amps and show'im how to use 'em, though. But he was a quick learn, pretty white for a flyboy! ;):D

So, Myles is pretty fly for a white guy?

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

Originally posted by Dr. Taz:

What I like about Myles is that he respects those of us still in the universe of Solid State. :)

Dr. Taz ...............

Uhhhh ..... Solid state .....

Lets see .....

Acoustic 260 / 360 on the stages at Woodstock (the real one) moreso than any other amp.

SS amps ... Creedence Clearwater, the Doors, Sly Stone, and tons of others.

Polytone amps .... still perhaps the #1 Jazz amp.

Jordan and Standel amps in the 60s .... the sound of Rock for a lot of groups.

Line 6 - the ONLY amp on a Carnival Cruise ship that sounded great, the ONLY amp on the ship that I could listen to for more than 5 minutes ... and there were Fenders (even some tweeds) and Marshalls onboard. All in dire need of tubes and adjustments. Ever hear somebody attempting heavy metal in a small night dub shipboard (I think it was the China Club) with a Fender Twin Reverb at rational levels? It is too sad for words. Thank the gods for the Line 6.

It's using the right tool for the job, SS or Tube.

Look at Richie Fliegler's book - Amps! The other half of Rock and Roll....

He was one of the head guys at Marshall, and now at Fender. He has a LOT of SS amps in his personal collection that he plays all the time. He is a not as much of a dye hard core "tube guy" as much as he is a smart die hard "good tone guy"!

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

What I like about Myles is that he respects those of us still in the universe of Solid State. :)

Dr. Taz...........

By the way, your girlfriend / wife is very pretty.

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

Caevan O'Shite ............ and to this day I thank you for all your help and insight. Just goes to show you, that at my age (54), I can still learn lots from you younger guys!

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

Originally posted by bluestrat:

So, Myles is pretty fly for a white guy?
Bluestrat....

In your tag line you say:

"Defying authority since 1975 "

.............. well, I can say:

"Defying authority since 1949 "

My birthday was the same day as Custer's Last Stand and the start of the Korean War.

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

I ben "Defining Manurity" since 1966!

Nope, bluestrat, Myles is a flyboy, my butchering of an already funny song notwithstanding. He's been a pilot for a furpiece, and an accomplished one to boot, I'd wager.

Originally posted by myles111:

Dr. Taz...........

LMBO

Oh, goodness! That's not my girlfriend (I wish). That's British cooking sensation Nigella Lawson . She's also about 15 years older than I am. :)

Great cook, and much easier on these eyes than Emeril Lagasse. :D

Nope, bluestrat, Myles is a flyboy, my butchering of an already funny song notwithstanding. He's been a pilot for a furpiece, and an accomplished one to boot, I'd wager.

Myles is truly THE MAN! :thu:

I trust Myles and that pretty much says it all doesn't it? If Myles told me to try/buy something I would do it without hesitation.

How I wish we didn't live an ocean and most of a continent apart. He's been a huge help though even at the great distance. The NOS tubes I'm using in the Univalve are all thanks to his contributions. The Univalve is thanks to Myles!! My tube microphone was purchased from him.

My JTM45 (which sounds pretty good stock) could really use a "Myles Supercharge". If I could take advantage of physically having him checkup and blueprint my amps I surely would. He knows the inner workings and what will make them sing. The only good thing about living so far away is that I only have 2 amps now, if I were close to Myles I'd probably have 6-10 by now. Fine by me, but the wife would have a fit. :D

Originally posted by myles111:

Dr. Taz...........

LMBO

Oh, goodness! That's not my girlfriend (I wish). That's British cooking sensation Nigella Lawson . She's also about 15 years older than I am. :)

Great cook, and much easier on these eyes than Emeril Lagasse. :D

Don't feel bad ..... that she is 15 years older than you are .... it could be worse, she is at least 20 years YOUNGER than I am :)

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

Originally posted by James-Italy:

Myles is truly THE MAN! :thu:

I trust Myles and that pretty much says it all doesn't it? If Myles told me to try/buy something I would do it without hesitation.

How I wish we didn't live an ocean and most of a continent apart. He's been a huge help though even at the great distance. The NOS tubes I'm using in the Univalve are all thanks to his contributions. The Univalve is thanks to Myles!! My tube microphone was purchased from him.

My JTM45 (which sounds pretty good stock) could really use a "Myles Supercharge". If I could take advantage of physically having him checkup and blueprint my amps I surely would. He knows the inner workings and what will make them sing. The only good thing about living so far away is that I only have 2 amps now, if I were close to Myles I'd probably have 6-10 by now. Fine by me, but the wife would have a fit. :D

James,

Thanks for the kind words.

Myles S. Rose

www.facebook.com/mylesr

Deja Vu! Seems like I've seen this post before.

"And all the girlies say I'm pretty fly, for a white guy!" :D

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

Archived