Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

JEALOUS....Jealous again......

strat0124

No not the Black Crowes.....

My buddy in the Factory Playboys, called me last night to say he just purchased a 62 strat, advert'd in the newspaper.....get this, for $250. He says it has case and all, and the guitar/case was still in the original shipping cardboard box!!! It was one of those purchases that sat in the closet. I am sooooooooo jealous......jealous again!!!!!!!!!!

Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was this a REAL '62 or a '62 reissue?

Either way I'm sick! :eek::freak:

(and jealous too :D )

I don't know if I could have made the purchase if it was a genuine '62 model. I'd feel like I'd have to let the seller know what they had. I don't think I could let myself take advantage of their ignorance.

Mudcat's music on Soundclick

"Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em."-The Webb Wilder Credo-

B. stinkin' S.

Your friend is just trying to hurt you and all of us with that cruel tale.

I just keep telling myself..."he's lying, he's lying, he's lying"

aw crap that hurt.

Hey you white boy there

Go play that funky music

"ok...what's it pay?"

first smoke, then silence

your very expensive rig

dies so gracefully

I haven't seen it yet, but I gather it was a real 1962. Supposedly it belonged to her son, and she just wanted to sell it. I'd buy it, not often I'd get a deal, so I'd just give her what she wanted for it.

Yeah I told him thanks alot for telling me......though I'd have to rob a liquor store to get $250 right now! He just got a pristine Melody Maker not long ago as well. He does film work, so he has alot of time off during the day between jobs, so he's like a hawk eyeing all these bargains.

Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

Originally posted by DIAMOND DUST:

If it's an original,in mint cond, a collector might pay 6 to 8 grand. :cry::cry::cry:

OK WHAT'S THE PHONE NUMBER I'LL

GIVE 400.00 RIGHT NOW WITH OUT LOOKING AT IT :D

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

Originally posted by DIAMOND DUST:

If it's an original,in mint cond, a collector might pay 6 to 8 grand. :cry::cry::cry:

Actually thats damn sad, isn't it? Because it ain't really worth that to me, as a player. Like my great grandfather said years ago.....Speculators have ruined this country! :)

Man, Geenard, your Grand-Dad was right!!! Same with the damn lawyers and politicians... :mad::evil:grrrrrrrrrrrrr... !

Hey, as far as your friend goes, I'm glad for him! I'd be glad for you, too!

As long as he is going to keep it to enjoy for himself, hopefully as a player at least now and then, then great. He was fortunate.

If he's gonna re-sell it for a huge profit, though, he took advantage of an old lady, who's son is probably dead. I couldn't do that.

I've been in a similar enough position before, more than once, and didn't. I've told people what vintage guitars and amps were really worth, if I felt that it would be wrong to do otherwise.

One time, an elderly gentleman let me check out an old guitar of his, at his Grandson's suggestion. He asked me what I thought it might be worth, in an off-handed way that hinted at a possible "sale"... I gulped, and said, "I won't bullshit ya, it's worth a lot more than you might think..."

He replied, "Oh, about two or three grand, wouldn't you say?"

I laughed, feeling tension relieved, and said, "I've seen similar ones in worse shape go for more in a shop..." He has an all-original '52 "gold-top", and knows since that exchange that he can trust me.

However, if a particular guitar or amp was just exactly a religious experience to play, and I could not obtain that level of personally perfect performance in any other way, then I would buy it, and recompence that seller as much as humanly possible down the road. But, I would never, ever do that just for resale, or trading value. Or even just for a "cool" vintage guitar or amp; it would have to be something that I felt I could not do without, as a "player" instrument. And I'd play the living Hell out of it from then on!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Caevan O'Shite:

As long as he is going to keep it to enjoy for himself, hopefully as a player at least now and then, then great. He was fortunate.

If he's gonna re-sell it for a huge profit, though, he took advantage of an old lady, who's son is probably dead. I couldn't do that.

Caevan you've got it nailed on the head, buddy.

Mudcat's music on Soundclick

"Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em."-The Webb Wilder Credo-

Archived