Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

CP-Secret messages on Blow By Blow?

the stranger

I discovered a voice telling me something in the track Scatterbrain.

At 3:29, the song hits a peak with a symphonic part.

Lurking under this riff is a voice that seems to say something along the lines of "come back to this record again..."

That's my best guess because it isn't easy to hear, but it's there.

Anybody else notice this, or is it old news?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by the stranger:

I discovered a voice telling me something in the track Scatterbrain.

At 3:29, the song hits a peak with a symphonic part.

Lurking under this riff is a voice that seems to say something along the lines of "come back to this record again..."

That's my best guess because it isn't easy to hear, but it's there.

Anybody else notice this, or is it old news?

I thought it said burn the house down,

and it sounded like a little leprechaun. :P

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

Hmmmnn, can you further isolate it with your "balance" control, sweeping hard-left or hard-right?

Could it just be something that got recorded along with something else, an engineer or other person in the studio talking?

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

On the subject of hidden overdubs...

Anyone ever hear John Lennon scream "Woah!" and then, "F#*kin' Hell" as he messes up his backing vocal in the fantastic Beatles tune 'Hey Jude'?

I think it comes in between 2:30 and 3 minutes, after the line, "Remember to let her under your skin, then you'll begin...(Insert Expletive)...to make it better"

You may need headphones if your ears are as damaged as mine, but it's there I promise you.

Originally posted by Abnorm:

I listened to "Scatterbrain" closely last night, and I heard no vocalizations at the time mentioned. Is someone hearing things? Am I the butt of a practical joke? Am I just a butt? Don't answer that!

I could be, but I did do some eq and what not and whether or not it's a voice or some byproduct of the other sounds, there is something there. It tends to stand out now that I noticed it.

To be totally honest, that region I mentioned I was looping in Acid with some other stuff. Only after I had it looping for a while did I notice it. I double checked to make sure the file hadn't been altered in any way.

I was playing it for a friend and he thought I was nuts, too. :D

I'm still not sure and was hoping that somebody here might verify it.

It also sounds like the voice has been run through a wah or some other device, too. Or I'm hearing shit, but I doubt it. ;)

I took a listen, and to me it sounds like it's a guitar with effects that make it sound voice-like. I'm not sure what combination of effects it might be (maybe a wah, gate, flange combo??) but that's what it sounds like to me.

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Archived