Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Going to a Mike Keneally clinic tonight...

mstreck

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by mstreck:

... in Wilmington, DE. Man, I am PSYCHED!

I just discovered this guy (Zappa, Vai, Beer for Dolphins). Can't wait to listen and learn!

Mike

Your sir are one lucky mofo

this guy is huge.I put him under the unsung

geetarist thread.Great talent.CONGRATS :thu:

Report back with all the juicy details.

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

ahhh, you missed out on a good time. Mike is a great clinician. By that I mean he's a monster musician but he's also very approachable.

I had the good fortune of traveling with Mike and Beer For Dolphins when he did a series of clinics for me when I was Sales Manager at EMG. He also did a killer EMG poster for me "Universal Smoothness" with all the flowers around him.

I see Mike every winter NAMM show, it's our chance to catch up on things. He's usually there doing demo's for Taylor Guitars. Brian Beller who plays bass in BFD also works for SWR bass amps so I also run into him at the show.

Was the clinic for Taylor?...

overheard street personality on Venice Beach "Man, that Bullshit is Bulllshhittt...."

Originally posted by dougsthang':

Was the clinic for Taylor?...

Yes, it was. I'm still pissed that I didn't go. He's in Quakertown, PA this Saturday. I just might go up there. It's a 2 1/2 hour drive but if I promise the wife that she can go shopping while we're there... :)

Petting Hendrix

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked in the head by an iron boot? Of course you don't--no one does--that never happens.

It's on for Saturday!!!! Rachel's going with me and she doesn't even want to go shopping! Now THAT's a wife!!!!

Now maybe I can talk her into that new Carvin? :thu:

Petting Hendrix

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked in the head by an iron boot? Of course you don't--no one does--that never happens.

I saw Mike with Steve Vai on his Ultrazone tour-I was thinking, this guy should have his own music out there. Great show.

BTW, some friends and I saw Chad W. when he was with Allan Holdsworth`s I.O.U. band. We were leaving when my friend noticed someone trying to steal one of Chad`s drums. Later Allan came out and thanked us, gave us all tour shirts and we were on the guest list for the next night with him, Steve Morse and Steve Howe. Next day when my friend came to pick me up, the people at work told him I had already gone home. What a bunch of...

You know, I better stop here. I feel major profanity comin on...

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

The clinic was FANTASTIC! The place was packed!

I had the privilege of meeting Mike and Brian before the show and they are two very nice people... Mike even signed my drummer's "Zappa's Universe" videotape for him.

They have been traveling in a van non-stop for 13 days and they were dead tired and Mike was losing his voice, but they played wonderfully! Except for the intermittent Taylor sales pitches (and the fact that Brian broke a bass(!) string during the first song), the audience received a real treat! They played selections from Brian's CD as well as BFD songs. They even took requests! In fact, I think MOST of what they played were requests. No Zappa though.

I have to say that I am now one of MK's biggest fans. I pre-ordered my DOG cd/dvd and got a PUP pre-release cd to hold me over until spring. Yeah... like I can wait that long.

Side note: on the way back, I stopped at a Guitar Center and picked up a local Philly music rag on my way out. Guess who's logo was on the back... CMDN!!!

Mike

Petting Hendrix

Archived