Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Who is your favorite "John Mayall" guitarist?

Pretzel logic

Some of you might not know who Mayall is. For those who do, i have two words, "BLUES BREAKERS". If you love the blues, i know you have been influenced by this band. Clapton and Peter Green only did an album each, but they left a huge legacy for every player that came after. If you look at the music they did apart from the band, Clapton is the most famous. But Mick Taylor is my favorite. The work he did with the Stones will forever stand as the bands best. He is one of the most lyrical lead players of all time. Listen to the solo he did on Mayall's Marriage Madness, or Sway off Sticky Fingers. Mick's slide playing is fantastic as well. Mayall sure could pick em. :thu::thu:

Forgot about WALTER TROUT, what a screamer. :thu:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have seen mayall 7 times. :D COCO is a bad ass blues player, and Buddy Whittington is one of the best blues players in the world right now. I was lucky enough to have met and had great conversations both of em. But my fav is most definitely "Peter Green". I think he is the best blues player to come out of England. "Fleetwood Mac" is my favorite blues band. His tone was so spooky man. Every one thinks he just disappeared after the Mac, but he did some killer albums after that gig. "In The Skies" is a great record. The song "A fool no more" is such a killer blues tune! "Little Dreamer" is another great album he did after Fleetwood Mac. "GREENY" is my fav.

Originally posted by Da Vinci's love child:

Some of you might not know who Mayall is. For those who do, i have two words, "BLUES BREAKERS". If you love the blues, i know you have been influenced by this band. Clapton and Peter Green only did an album each, but they left a huge legacy for every player that came after. If you look at the music they did apart from the band, Clapton is the most famous. But Mick Taylor is my favorite. The work he did with the Stones will forever stand as the bands best. He is one of the most lyrical lead players of all time. Listen to the solo he did on Mayall's Marriage Madness, or Sway off Sticky Fingers. Mick's slid playing is fantastic as well. Mayall sure could pick em. :thu::thu:

The two best ever, including Clapton, were Kal David, and now is Buddy Whittington.

http://www.guitaramplifierblueprinting.com/bestplayers.html

Myles S. Rose

www.guitaramplifierblueprinting.com

www.la-economy.blogspot.com

www.facebook.com/mylesr

www.twitter.com/myles111us

I saw the Breakers live for the first time last month at Tall Stacks in Cincinnati...awesome! Saw them again last week on PBS on Mountain Stage or Soundstage, whatever, a blues special. I'm not familiar with Peter Green's music but it sounds like he's worth checking out, thanks for the tip!

Bruce

I was born at night but I wasn't born last night...

Another Peter Green fan here. Green built on but also extended Clapton's legacy with Mayall. Peter 's playing is both sharp and exceedingly subtle and emotional. I also nominate Peter Green for possessing the world's most exquisite vibrato ( I know it's heresy not to say B.B. King, but...).

Originally posted by sgstrat:

Another Peter Green fan here. Green built on but also extended Clapton's legacy with Mayall. Peter 's playing is both sharp and exceedingly subtle and emotional. I also nominate Peter Green for possessing the world's most exquisite vibrato ( I know it's heresy not to say B.B. King, but...).

I belive B.B. would say the same. :D:D

He's had LOTS of great players in his band.

One of my personal favorites...

Walter Trout.

If you like kick butt blues... this guy's the "real deal"... One of the top "rated" guitarist in Europe, he lives in SoCal and often plays small clubs in OC and SD.

Check him out if you get the chance. :D

guitplayer

I'm still "guitplayer"!

Check out my music if you like...

http://www.michaelsaulnier.com

Well, it stands to reason...if Mayall was able to cull Clapton, Green, Taylor and the others from the midst of all those other guitar slingers, then ANYone he picks is gonna be first class!

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Archived