Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My first real amp!!

eberrong

Well I finally purchased my first tube amp. It is a 2002 Mesa Boogie Rectoverb 1x12 Combo. I couldn't be more happy with it. This was after a long deliberation over whether to get a modeller or the real thing. The Modern channel on this thing is exactly what I was after and I can get a great sound at bedroom volumes (even better at louder volumes).

Thanks to all the helpful advice I got on this forum.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats on a fine choice! As a Boogie owner (I've owned 4 different models) for 15 years, I've never wanted anything else. A friend of mine has a modelling amp and likes to talk about how his amp gets close to the sound of mine. That's just it: his gets close and mine nails it!
Everybody knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact. - Homer Simpson

I'm going from a Blues Jr. to the Mesa head in the link above. I've got a couple 1x12 closed-back cabinets I've been wanting to try out!
"I look for whatever will cut the deepest... whammy bars and wah wah pedals can't be used as just gimmicks. They have to reflect and express your feelings." - Jeff Beck

eberrong,

It is a 2002 Mesa Boogie Rectoverb 1x12 Combo.
CONGRATS! :thu:

I got my amp (not a Mesa) a year ago and I'm still tweakin' with it. :D I'm sure it will provide years of fun for you.

strat monk,

It's my birthday today, and I celebrated by getting this:
Coool :cool: I wanted to get my Highway 1 out of layaway for my birthday (10/20), but .... maybe Thanksgiving.

revolead,

STOP!!! STOP!!! STOP!!!

You guys are making me jealous. I wish I had money to get a tube amp. Eventually in life, I want to check out a Mark IV, but we'll see. That'll probably 15 years.

I know how you feel. That's the way I felt over a year ago when I couldn't afford a tube amp and everyone here was saying that was what I needed for the sound I wanted. I finally went for a "non-name" amp on ebay. A 1993 Randall Tube Pro II for $350. It's great! The others are probably a little better, but I have this one NOW, not 15 years from now, and I can learn from it. It has everything I need and wanted.

Dave

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

Archived