Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Deluxe Reverb Reissue

strat0124

I know its probably blasphemy, but damn if the new ones don't sound pretty damn good. I'm thinking of swapping something for one. Its almost the perfect club amp.....almost!
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by bluestrat:

I tried one, and while the clean channel was really cool in a 60's surf kinda way, the OD channel wasn't all that great. Maybe I'm twisting the wrong knobs? :confused:

there is no lead channel. there is a clean channel and another clean channel with vibrato and reverb.

anyway i have played one of the originals and i must say it did sound fantic. i just wish i had a tube screamer or something handy when i used it to get the feedback/sustain that i love.

My neighbor had an older Deluxe Reverb Reissue for awhile and he liked it, but then he recently, over the summer, traded it in for an original silverface '68. He and I both agree that older one sounds better, but it might just be a test of time. The amp itself sounds great, but as I play metal, I don't think it has enough headroom for my taste, but will see. Those 22 watts are pretty dang powerful, trust me I'm no buyer into the 350W Moder Four crap. I just need some headroom and some break up in the same amp.
Shut up and play.

The '65 Deluxe Reverb RI is a great sounding amp. I had one and sold it to buy a 'Custom' Vibrolux Reverb for sentimental reasons. I had an original Vibrolux which was stolen many years ago. I like the CVR a lot but I would've been fine with the '65 DRRI. I built a Tweed Deluxe clone too and actually this has become my gigging amp.

Mac Bowne

G-Clef Acoustics Ltd.

Osaka, Japan

Originally posted by exactopposite:

Originally posted by bluestrat:

I tried one, and while the clean channel was really cool in a 60's surf kinda way, the OD channel wasn't all that great. Maybe I'm twisting the wrong knobs? :confused:

there is no lead channel. there is a clean channel and another clean channel with vibrato and reverb.

anyway i have played one of the originals and i must say it did sound fantic. i just wish i had a tube screamer or something handy when i used it to get the feedback/sustain that i love.

Maybe it was the Blues Deluxe I tried. I know that the original blackface Deluxe Reverb and Super Reverb have the same preamp and channel setup, but the Super is louder. :) I repaired my Uncle's Super Reverb. Now that's an awesome amp! :thu:

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

Archived