Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Identity Theift info........VERY IMPORTANT

Some important information came to my attention just the other day that I wanted to share. There is a website called [url=http://www.anybirthday.com]www.anybirthday.com[/url] that is designed to help folks find & remember birthdays. Seems harmless enough. Except there is an advanced search mode for an additional 30.00. This give out a bit more personal information. It was noted that this information is exactly what someone needs who plans on committing "Identity Theft". You may want to check to see if they have your name. There is a way to have them remove you from the list. The intentions of this site are good, but the abuse of it could be very bad! I searched my name and didn't find it, but there is quite a large inventory of names and the origin of the information is unknown. I just wanted you all to be aware of this. Dennis / DCMIX

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
([i]Please note:[/i] Most of you know me as [b]soapbox[/b], but this post is under my real name.) Thanks [b]Dennis[/b]. They had both my info and my wife's. I tried to get rid of the records; but I checked back later on, and both were still there. I went on to the next step, which was to follow the directions below: [quote][b]If you still have problems, then write to [email]optout@anybirthday.com[/email] requesting to be removed from the database. ONLY include the data for one record per email. Be sure to use the full NAME, DATE and ZIP as we have listed. Do not send long text messages or comments as our automated system will reject them.[/b][/quote]It worked! Best, Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Holy crap, I was in this damn thing too. I hope this isn`t one of those `click here and then we REALLY got you` scams... whoa, sorry about that...ran into one of those `flood protection` messages.

I was there, too. didn't see anywhere to click my removal, but left a request for it on one of their contact pages. Here's another one...I belong to AOL. They do not send members a bill. Rather, they add the fee to your credit card, or withdraw it electronically from your checking account. Recently, I got an e-mail from someone called "miguel@aol.com" about a billing problem. When I checked it out, the e-mail said my credit card number was invalid, and requested a new credit card number for billing purposes. The link asked for my full name, license number, address, social and credit card number. Thing is, my AOL account is handled through my checking account. I contacted AOL through their online help connection, and was told not only was my account up to date and in good standing, but there is no record of them ever having sent me such a notice. I was told what identifying signs to look for to insure it was an AOL letter, and the one sent had none of them. But, the e-mail page had all the official looking AOL logos and such. It looked on the level. I don't know if my contact will cause them to notify other members to be on the lookout, but any of you in this forum who belongs to AOL might want to watch out! Whitefang
I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Archived