Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Those new budget Fender Amps

Green657

The FM212 - 100w, 2channel, 2 - 12" fender speakers, no digital effects, $299.

They also have a 112 - 65w model for $229.

Has anyone here tried them, are they worth the very low price?

(the store near me does not have them yet)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 112/65 looks just like my 3-4 year old Princeton112plus (65 watt ss - 12inch spkr - 2 channels etc) with the old ROC PRO finish. I paid about $229 back in 2000 for it. It's LOUD, sturdy and pretty dependable - however, I had to go buy a danelectro daddy O to get a decent overblown sound. I think -IMHO- that the gain is way too noisy. But I couldn't beat the price then (it was all I could afford after my "DOT-BOMB" :mad:

I haven't seen them yet either.

Check back if you find one out there

Lynn G

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO stop!save a little extra money

and go for the 40watt HOT ROD DELUXE.

Screamin loud!559.00 new.tube 1x12.Or you can shop

around.100watts solid state =100watts of cold

harsh no life must I go on?Hey what the hell

do what you want.But mark my word's you'll seeeeee

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

I don't know. Is it just me or am I the only one who LIKES solid state? Granted, the stuff I do is mostly clean-sound, I just find that the only way to get a good tube sound is to CRANK it. Sometimes I don't need a HUGE amount of volume.

I was originally interested in the Fender Deluxe 90 - DSP, but I have a Boss ME-50 for effects, which I use mostly for delays, chorus's, and mods. So I wouldn't need the D-90's effects. The FM212 seems like a comparable amp, power-wise; just without the effects.

I was just wondering if anyone has actually played thru one, or heard one.

Originally posted by Green657:

I don't know. Is it just me or am I the only one who LIKES solid state? Granted, the stuff I do is mostly clean-sound, I just find that the only way to get a good tube sound is to CRANK it. Sometimes I don't need a HUGE amount of volume.

+1 here :)

Or the tube replacements...

I like these amps on paper, so to speak. Now I wonder how they sound. Also, maybe they have headphone jacks? No biggie though, as I can always use my ZOOM for headphone practice.

I like both clean sounds and distortions of varying levels. The 2x12 seems enticing. Don't get me wrong, if I had the $$$, I'd get one of these plus a nice tube amp. But for now, my tight budget dictates otherwise.

I've gotten used to solid-state as it fits my college and pre-professional budget. One of these days I'll go tube, but I've never seen anything wrong with a good sounding solid-state amp. I play one now, and have been for over a year. And with pedals it doesn't bother me that much anyways.
Shut up and play.

Greenman if solid state is what you like

thats cool check out Behringer they have

some pretty good deals going on in the

reinland.check it out!

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

Archived