Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Post Your Stolen Guitar's Serial Number...

BiC

If you still have the serial number of a guitar which was stolen, post it here. Maybe we can help one another by checking out local pawn shops and so forth. You never can tell... someone may come across it 1,000 miles away if the # wasn't altered.

My stolen baby:

Model: Fender MIJ Contemporary Strat.

Color: Black w/ white pic guard

Maple neck & fretboard

1 humbucker (modified from a single) / 2 singles w/ tremlo

Serial #: E622068

Stolen from Charleston, SC in 2000.

PHOTO

REWARD: $300.00

Peace :)

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this talk about stolen guitars put a curse on me. Walked in last evening - front door was open and the Les Paul, Ibanez Blazer and Fender Princton 112 , plus 25" TV Wall Clock and a few other misc items were GONE :mad:

Taking the serials and photos to the Police today...maybe something good will happen (they showed up last time _JAN_ when they were stolen). Of course - No Insurance - Hard to get Renter Insurance here in SA.

So, in the meantime I only have my Alvarez acoustic to get me by :cry: And I may not be hanging around here as much. My Babies

Lynn G

Originally posted by lynng - guitar geezer:

All this talk about stolen guitars put a curse on me. Walked in last evening - front door was open and the Les Paul, Ibanez Blazer and Fender Princton 112 , plus 25" TV Wall Clock and a few other misc items were GONE :mad:

Taking the serials and photos to the Police today...maybe something good will happen (they showed up last time _JAN_ when they were stolen). Of course - No Insurance - Hard to get Renter Insurance here in SA.

So, in the meantime I only have my Alvarez acoustic to get me by :cry: And I may not be hanging around here as much. My Babies

Man... I'm sorry to hear that! :(

If I were you, I would get pictures and serial numbers to every pawn shop you can think of. Don't rely on the cops. Break ins are defintitely NOT on their priority list!

If anyone reading this lives close to you, I hope they are willing to help you recover them.

I wish you the best is getting them back.

Peace

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Lowden L25C,serial number 271, Indian rosewood/cedar top cutaway with Sunrise in the soundhole and McIntyre under the bridge in Reunion Blues gigbag, stolen in August '99 in Phila.

Of course there's a reward, losing that guitar felt as if my hands were cut off.

roy

Roy

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/alexisdmusic.htm

"once it stops bein' a mystery it stops bein' true"

David Mowaljarlai - Ngarinyin Aboriginal Elder

Thanks BiC, I spent all day saturday making the new and USED dealers on the North side of town, plenty of photos in circulation. While at one of the stores I saw about 6 Washburn WI's that just came in. Never looked close at them until I saw yours - Really nice (of course they're not the extra fancy Pearl on Pearl - but I really like the feel and weight and contour! Neck was a touch on the wide side - but hey - I can adjust. It's definitely on my list when I get ready to start replacing :P
Lynn G

Thanks BiC, I spent all day saturday making the new and USED dealers on the North side of town, plenty of photos in circulation. While at one of the stores I saw about 6 Washburn WI's that just came in. Never looked close at them until I saw yours - Really nice (of course they're not the extra fancy Pearl on Pearl - but I really like the feel and weight and contour! Neck was a touch on the wide side - but hey - I can adjust. It's definitely on my list when I get ready to start replacing :P

I really wish you the best in locating your gear. I love my Washburn. I got it from music123.com in the "closeout" section. It was exclusively made for them, so I don't believe you can get it anywhere else. I can't even find it on the Washburn site. It looks so much better in person. I believe it's quite a buy at $399! :thu:

Peace

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Taking the serials and photos to the Police today...maybe something good will happen (they showed up last time _JAN_ when they were stolen).

You've had them stolen twice in the same year?!! Wow. You gotta do something about moving to a better neighborhood. Ever think about North Dakota?

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

You could also get a friend to put an ad in some local free-ads papers/mags.. Along the lines of "Used guitars bought for good money, Ibanez, Fender, Gibson, Epiphone as well as others" A friend of mine got his laptop back by doing something similar. You cant make it too specific though otherwise not only does it come across as suspect to the person that stole it but chances are they dont have an f'n clue what they have anyway.

Archived