Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Reverend Slingshot Custom

alguit

Yesterday my Reverend Slingshot Custom arrived by UPS, strangely undamaged, and I used it three hours later at a church gig.

I have taken to this guitar more quickly than just about any I've owned. Three P-90 pickups, a Bigsby-licensed vibrato, a phase mini toggle and a "studio" mini toggle, all of which add up to over a dozen distinct tones...

Are there any other Reverend users here? What do you think of them?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by alguit:

Yesterday my Reverend Slingshot Custom arrived by UPS, strangely undamaged, and I used it three hours later at a church gig.

I have taken to this guitar more quickly than just about any I've owned. Three P-90 pickups, a Bigsby-licensed vibrato, a phase mini toggle and a "studio" mini toggle, all of which add up to over a dozen distinct tones...

Are there any other Reverend users here? What do you think of them?

:cool: Congrats! There is this guy here in the flint Mi area used nothing but les pauls until he got his reverend that is.Now that's all he plays.They make a nice little amp hellhound I think, great tone beast.reverend's got it going on. :thu:
The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

i'll vouch for the hellhound in a big way. i've played all kinds of gigs on it, and it always sounds great. i stuck a mojotone speaker in it though, the stock was lame.

glad you dig the guitar, i've been wanting one for a while now...

Nice looking guitar! The body sort of looks like the Fender Toronado. :cool:

Peace

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

How much was it?

Musician's Friend says:

This product has been discontinued

:confused:

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Originally posted by lynng - Lord of Dorkness:

BiC..found this;

Reverend direct :idea:

Thanx! But I did come across that, but I keep on getting a "server error". :confused:

Are you able to access it? Maybe it's just my ISP???

Strange? anyhow the customs list for 1199 and start at 679 plus bigsby, custom colors etc....

I've read a lot of reviews about them, chambered bodies, nice p90 PUPs, sorta cross of Rickenbachers, Gibson and Fenders (too simplified!!!!! and too rich for my budget)

BTW ALGUIT

sorry to hi-jack your thread

CONGRATS, wish i could come over and try it out :D

Lynn G

I've been wanting to try out a Reverend sometime, and I think that the Sligshot Custom would be the one I'd go with! Three P-90's must sound like dawgs in Heaven, alguit!

Hey, I'm dead serious, tell me if we're at least in the same (or a neighboring) state, I'd love to check that bad moto scooter out someday!

I've toyed with the idea of adding a third, middle P-90 to my Les Paul. I probably will someday, if I'm confident that I can handle the finish touch-up post-surgery. And, once I'm settled on a wiring solution that will give me all of the parallel combinations and each individual pickup, while leaving the guitar looking stock.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Hey,

BiC, my Slingshot Custom, with the options I listed, and the really cool two-tone teardrop case, came to just around $1000.00, and there was no shipping charge.

I fired it up today for a while into my Bad Cat Hot Cat. Those p-90's just are smokin'! I finally understand all those folks who play Les Paul Jr.s and SG Specials and the lot.

Dances with Werewolves, I live in New Jersey, not too far from the New York border. Maybe we can set up a time and place to meet!

all hail the p90!!!!yee haw . congrats on the reverend , a little note : reverend is now making some lower priced usa models. with the faded gibsons, fender highway1 and now the reverend models there is no reason to not own a nice collection of rockin axes. geez i forgot to mention my godin lg sp90. we are livin in a cool decade for guitars. :thu:

And a Bad Cat Hot Cat! Fat, fat, FATT!!

It'll have to be in the undefined future, alas. I live upstate, and currently/indefinitely am carless and laid-off (again). At least I've still got the guits that I bought when I was more in the money!

Yeah, I love, love, love soap-bars. I'm torn between real sparkly vintage-sounding units like original '52 Les Pauls have (an older friend near me has one that he bought brand new!) and newer, fatter sounding ones. Perhaps some sort of custom Seymour Duncan tapped Antiquities would yield the best of both...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Dances,

I've got Antiquity humbuckers in my Heritage HC150, and even untapped they give some of that sound and feel. They're very low output compared to modern buckers, and sound more, to my ears, like hot P90's.

Whenever you're "carred"-the made-up opposite of "carless"-just let me know. Or maybe in between semesters I could ride up your way.

Alan

Archived