Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fulltone Tube Tape Echo

gtrmac

The Fulltone Tube Tape Echo is almost ready to ship. I see that he has a price ($999) and some sound samples on the website now. This is an effect that is certainly worth considering even though it's very expensive and anyone that has heard an original Echoplex or played through one will agree.

Unfortunately it'll take me at least a year to get enough money for one of these!

Mac Bowne

G-Clef Acoustics Ltd.

Osaka, Japan

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet I'd love one- I'm a bona-fide echo and delay junkie- but, at $999.99... I think that I can get by with the various digital-delays that will impersonate tape.

If I ever win a big lottery- if I ever buy a ticket, too- I'll order one, pronto! pronto! ronto! rono! ono! nno! n'! n'! '! '... .. .

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Guyatone (Godlyke) has a real tape echo too, based on the Roland RE 201 design or similar to it. Their price is $850. Just to have something to compare it to. Boy, I'd like to have me one. I'm currently using a Lexicon Lxp-1.

The Lexicon "tape-flava" delays sound pretty nice too. I'm surprised at just how warm and "analog" my little Vortex sounds and feels sometimes.

I'd sooner spend that kind of money on an Electrix Repeater, (or two, depending on the going rate for used ones, if there are any used ones up for sale) if I found one (and had the dough at the time). Not for vintage warm and fuzzy tube-tape sounds, but for the usefulness of a full blown looping device. Far more bang for your bucks!

Aren't we a funny lot?

I can remember being soooo happy to get rid of my echoplex and get a Memory Man Deluxe because of all the noise and tape hassles. I've never looked back with any real seriousness.

-Steve

-----------------------------------

Sometimes ya gotta find out what it ain't, to find out what it is...

Take a look at the Realistic/Radio Shack Electronic Reverb units sold in the mid 80's. That's my prefered reverb source as of now (except for the tube reverb built into my Magnatone MP-1. Think Deluxe Reverb. :) ) You can get some seriously crazy tones out of that thing for cheap! I don't think they're made anymore, but you can probably get one for $10 or less, depending on where you find it.

You'd probably want to use the line in inputs though, the Mic input is too sensitive and distorts. The Mic inputs are 1/4", line in is RCA.

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

Hell, I remember when someone I knew got an Electro Harmonix Memory Man Deluxe for $10.00, and I could have bought it from him for a mere $20.00 or $30.00, had I bothered to go over to his place again to get it... gheeze, what was I thinkin'??!!?!??

Just to let everyone know, you can go to Harmony Central and sign up for a Fulltone Tube Tape Echo giveaway!

I have a Korg Dynamic Echo that I really like, and use an EH Holy Grail for reverb (hey, if it's good enough for Dick Dale...),

Still, free is just about the amount I like to be charged!

Originally posted by bluestrat:

Take a look at the Realistic/Radio Shack Electronic Reverb units sold in the mid 80's. That's my prefered reverb source as of now (except for the tube reverb built into my Magnatone MP-1. Think Deluxe Reverb. :) ) You can get some seriously crazy tones out of that thing for cheap! I don't think they're made anymore, but you can probably get one for $10 or less, depending on where you find it.

You'd probably want to use the line in inputs though, the Mic input is too sensitive and distorts. The Mic inputs are 1/4", line in is RCA.

was that the one with the bucket brigade chip? if so i had one once, it was cool if i recall.

Originally posted by alguit:

[QB]

I have a Korg Dynamic Echo that I really like, and use an EH Holy Grail for reverb (hey, if it's good enough for Dick Dale...),

duh...i "know" alot 'bout DD and i dont doubt what you say(unless yer jokin...)-but can you give me someplace to look that backs that up? a webpage or magazine article or...

:cool:

surfzup

AMPSSOUNDBETTERLOUDER

Hi Stanner,

Now I've got to find the magazine where I saw it, though even I was dubious about it. I'm thinking it was an E-H ad, and they were the ones who back in the 70's tried to make us all think that Hendrix used a Big Muff!

What I'm primarily going on is the second-hand account of a friend who worked on a recent commercial shoot. He didn't give me all the details yet, but it will air soon, apparently, and it features DD playing on the beach.

My friend is a player, recognized DD, and when they started talking gear, he says that DD claimed to be using the Holy Grail.

Granted, my friend ingests certain drugs as if they are jelly beans, and he is sure that the police have been staking out his apartment for the last five years dressed as mailmen and young children, but he does work commercial shoots and, knowing how anti-drug I am, usually takes care to tell me the "very best truth" (his phrase!) that he knows.

Alan

Archived