Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

GUITARISTS OF 60'S

Alvin Lee

PAUL KOSSOF.until last year i didn't know nothing for the FREE.but then i heard the song "the hunter" and i liked it.also few days ago i listened LONNIE MACK a blues and rock and roll feeling.what's your opinion for this guitarists?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Alvin Lee:

PAUL KOSSOF.until last year i didn't know nothing for the FREE.but then i heard the song "the hunter" and i liked it.also few days ago i listened LONNIE MACK a blues and rock and roll feeling.what's your opinion for this guitarists?

Both great! The Bad Company song SHOOTING STAR is about Kossof, he had the baddest tone and vibrato! :thu: Lonnie Mack was big influence on S.R.V .

Kim Simmonds,Leslie West,Peter Green,Zal Yanovski,Jim McCarty,Randy California,John Cippolina,Eric Kalb,Elvin Bishop,Mike Bloomfield,Buzzy Feiten,Mick Abrahms,Clarence White,Luther Grosvenor(Areiel Bender),Harvey Mandel,Les Harvey,and many more that I can't remember at this moment,and the not so obvious(some were though) that appeared During the 60's and before and during the 1970's+.I'll come up with a bigger list later,that is,when my memory comes back. :D
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

Let's add: Jimi Hendrix, Jerry Garcia, Jorma Kaukonen, Barry Melton, Sam Andrew, James Gurley, Carlos Santana, Pete Townshend, Dave Davies, Robin Trower (with Procol Harum), Robbie Krieger, Roger (nee Jim) McGuinn, Jerry Miller, Steve Miller.

Let's correct: Danny Kalb, John Cipollina

Believe it or not I wasn't into Hendrix at all until the movie "Easy Rider" came out, I thought the song "6 Into 9" was cool, then started to listen to his stuff occassionaly. I was into Black Sabbath, The Yardbirds, The Byrds, Paul Revere and The Raiders, The Beatles, Buffalo Springfield, Jeff Beck, Joe Walsh, and a local cat who used to play "Flight of the Bumble Bee", and a local band called "Damnation of Adam Blessing". We were also into James Taylor, Rolling Stones, the Who, Donavan, Mason Williams, The Doors, Blue Cheer, Bobbie Gentry, The Animals, The Kinks, Simon and Garfunkel, Bob Dylan, Cat Stevens, Johnny Cash, Three Dog Night,Kenny Rogers,Led Zepplin, Steppenwolf,Bee Gees, Vanilla Fudge, Staus Quo,The Hollies, CSN, Jethro Tull, Emerson Lake and Palmer.

Just to name a few in no particular order.

Living' in the shadow,

of someone else's dream....

Originally posted by Alndln FX-51:

Originally posted by Mudcat:

Please don't forget my favorite forgotten guitarist of the 60s - Zal Yanovsky from the Lovin' Spoonful. :thu:

In my list already.
I think I would call that a "whoops!" on my part. :o

Mudcat's music on Soundclick

"Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em."-The Webb Wilder Credo-

Archived