Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Woodstock '94

BiC

• 6 months later...

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>>>>>>>> Resurrected from Oct 03 <<<<<<<<<<<<<

C'mon... there has to be someone out there!!!

Peace and Love :thu:

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Originally posted by DARKLAVA:

Woddstock 94 oh man are you kidding woodstock94

man that was a.......no but I seen it on t.v

does that count? :D

Maybe you saw me NAKED!!! :eek:

hehehe :D

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Yep... I was IN THE BUFF at Woodstock! :D

HEY, You gotta stick with tradition, don'tcha??? ;)

:P

Originally posted by Bob Keelan:

Don't worry. Unless you got some serious man-boobs and temporarily fooled the cameraman, you weren't on tv. :D

hahaha!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

I was there! I posted a thread asking if anyone else was there a few months ago and no one replied. BIC...I gotta tell ya. Those three days were amazing for me! I watched people get out of your way so you could go to the front to watch a band you liked and move back for the bands they didn't. I saw people being nice to each other...treating each other with respect! I spent three days in that "City" with a lot of people who felt the same way. I was in tent city near the the food venders...do you remember when the food guys quit and gave out all the food for free?

Originally posted by A String:

I was there! I posted a thread asking if anyone else was there a few months ago and no one replied. BIC...I gotta tell ya. Those three days were amazing for me! I watched people get out of your way so you could go to the front to watch a band you liked and move back for the bands they didn't. I saw people being nice to each other...treating each other with respect! I spent three days in that "City" with a lot of people who felt the same way. I was in tent city near the the food venders...do you remember when the food guys quit and gave out all the food for free?

It was a great time! I was stationed at Dover AFB, DE at the time- about a 6 hour drive from "Woodstock" if my memory serves me correctly. Anyways, I bought my 2 younger sisters tickets and they traveled from Indiana with another friend (my home state) to DE. Then from there we roadtripped to Woodstock and arrived there LATE Thursday evening, and did not return until Monday evening. MAN, that was about the most refreshing shower I ever took once I got back home! :D

I don't remember food vendors giving out free food. What I do remember is them charging $8.00 for a 2 liter bottle of Coke and $12.00 for a cheese Chef Boy-R-Dee pizza! :P The event was sold out, but I remember when people basically ripped down the perimeter fence and started pouring in for FREE. Then before you know, we ran out of water. Remember that? Another reason for running outta water was that people were taking "showers" under the faucets. Of course, I was one of them too- that's where I got naked. :P

Folks also went into town and bought beer and brought it back and sold it for MUCH higher prices. I paid $9.00 for a 3 cold ones... so not TOO bad! ;)

Oh boy, the memories can go on and on. But overall it was an awesome time! I "bootlegged" most of NIN and all of Metallica and still have the recordings around somewhere. Not that great of quality though... just one of those hand-held recorders. I took over 22 rolls of film- the majority on Metallica.

Were you at the Green Day show? I was. If you were, what's your take on it? For everyone else reading this, Green Day basically cut their show short only after a few songs because the crowd began throwing mud at them (I did not), and basically a fight ensued on stage afterward. I heard the bass player lost a tooth???

Anyways, THAT was pretty wild. :cool:

BTW, I had someone take a picture of me, my sisters, and their friend in front of the main stage. I had that picture blown up to poster size and gave it to my sisters the following Christmas. I still have mine! :thu:

Blessings! :thu:

Here are some pics I took! I have a ton more but these were some of my favorites. BTW, I don't know that last guy, he was holding a sign and I thought it was funny (For those of you not there, people were holding up signs that said "Need drugs" or "Need booze" etc.). Enjoy!

http://larrydowning.com/ws1.JPG

http://larrydowning.com/ws2.JPG

http://larrydowning.com/ws3.JPG

http://larrydowning.com/ws5.JPG

http://larrydowning.com/ws4.JPGhttp://larrydowning.com/ws6.JPG

Those are some good pics! I looked, but don't see myself anywhere in them. ;)

Anyways, I remember some "Mud People" tipping over porta-johns and making " crap-ola " slip-n-slides!!! :eek:

NASTY :P

Those are some good pics! I looked, but don't see myself anywhere in them. ;)

Anyways, I remember some "Mud People" tipping over porta-johns and making " crap-ola " slip-n-slides!!! :eek:

NASTY :P

Archived