Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The NERVE of Guitar Center

timrocker

In all the years and years I've been going in there and buying strings and picks and drooling on their axes, they have never, not once, seen fit to give me that shiny Les Paul Standard to take home for free. Fuckers. Don't appreciate me at all.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think that's bad? After years and years of never, ever once having set foot in a Guitar Center, they have the unmitigated audacity to sneeringly neglect to send me a complimentary Bad Cat Hot Cat amp! What cheek.

The infant cunning... they'd tell me that I failed to notify them of the correct address of the Swingin' Guitar Stud's digs (that being my place). If we ever talked. !!!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Put'em all in baby seal suits (kinda like white-furry little straight-jackets) and drop'em all off in bad neighborhoods of the Arctic, where doubtless they'll be clubbed mercilessly by thugs. Always worked on them's what showed up at the Express Lane with Eleven Items Or More... Where's my Acme Baby Seal Suit gun?

That's nothing,

They killed my father...ok, they didn't actually kill him, that was from cigarettes. But they didn't try to stop him, either.

Maybe I'm just bitter because I was the very first customer in their Totowa NJ store and received not one special gift...just a, "thanks alot, dude." "A lot" is a vague, useless phrase, and I really, really, really hate being called "dude."

Alan

The secret to NOT having to deal with the conglomerates, is to start a local co-op, get a business license, and buy wholesale. Its really not that difficult, I'm pitching that idea to alot of established folks here, with limited cash flow.
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

Yeah, see, doesn't it just chap your hide? You come in there and spend, I don't know, dozens of dollars, and they see you looking at the L.P. of your dreams. The one that would complete you. And what do they do? Run over and straighten out the Line 6 brochures. Or Windex the display cases. I get it-they're anti-happiness. They just get a sick thrill out of enjoying other people's suffering. :D

Bastards.

Know what I did?

Went in there, looked at a lot of stuff, played a lot of different instruments, asked a ton of questions, made a huge racket and didn't buy anything.

That'll teach 'em.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Next time, I'm thinkin' I'll grab a really expensive Les Paul off the wall, play it for an hour, negotiate a price with a salesman and then buy some strings.

Muahhahhahhahahahahahah!

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

OooooH!

Thrashy, I like the way you think.

How about this: We pick out an entire band's worth of gear, pester the sales staff about colors, options, etc, and have them model the gear for us.... and then tell them we're going to Sam Ash instead because our cousin works there.

\m/

Erik

--Sun Tzu

Erik- ya gotta make that because your friend who used to work for Guitar Center works there!

And, before you buy the picks or strings, you've gotta get'em to take a return on some tubes or something that you don't have a receipt for, but you're"sure that you got'em there"... they'll give you the money or credit, so as not to "blow the deal" that you've set them up to expect...

Then they'll learn their lesson!

You guy's are crazy.I bought a used gibson SG for 850.00.They told me it was a used 2003 with emg pick ups.I got home called gibson with the number off the back of the guitar.Suprise! gibson could only tell me it was a 2000 tommy hill figure sg.They could not tell anything else about this guitar.OH by the way new it sold for only 750.00.Called guitar center they said were sorry would you like to come back down to detroit for some guitar strings.So they hooked me up.So you guys should so some respect :thu:
The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

Aaahh..., Adamixoye-(hey, cool avatar, all this time I thought that was a dolphin, but it sure ain't- is it?!?):

-the previous posts, with the possible exception of that of Mr. DARKLAVA, were pretty much 100% Bull$h!t. Any following protests to the contrary will only reinforce my recognition of this. All in jest. For laughs. A gag. A laugh-riot. A regular knee-slapper. For kicks, Daddy-O. A real gasser. Gone, real gone, cats. With a comic-book on its head, for a joke.

Originally posted by DARKLAVA:

I bought a used gibson SG for 850.00.They told me it was a used 2003 with emg pick ups.I got home called gibson with the number off the back of the guitar.Suprise! gibson could only tell me it was a 2000 tommy hill figure sg.They could not tell anything else about this guitar.OH by the way new it sold for only 750.00.

You mean Gibson made a Tommy Hilfiger SG? Its the end of guitar as we know it. (No offense meant toward your purchase BTW.) Got any pics?
Shut up and play.

I recently found out that instrumentexchange on E-bay is Guitarcentre as well...

A lot of their auctions contain misinformation.

In fact I spotted again two this week already;

Gibson SG 1964 which is NOT a 1964 but 1969.

(value difference is approx 100% )

Guild X150 Savoy mid forties eek

Probably around 1956 instead (did'nt cheque serial) anyway Guild only exists since 1952...

Probably this list can go on...

I guess they need someone who does have knowledge abut vintage guitars... :evil:

gigging favorites at the moment LP Special order 1973 and PRS custom 24

Caevan is correct, I was only making funny. And trying to take some of the edge off of the lust I have in my heart for an ebony Les Paul Standard. I have nothing against Guitar Center, please don't take offense. This has been the kind of year when it wasn't always easy to keep the rent paid. Generic groceries and store brand products instead of dinner out on the town. You get the picture. Humor is my way of dealing with that.

Originally posted by revolead:

Edit my comment, already found pics of that Tommy Hilfiger SG, and it was quoted at a price around $600.

:o Great it get's better and better.Thank's guitar center! :( I would like to know if the emg pickup's are stock on this guitar.I don't have a picture of the guitar, but it's like a semi gloss mahagony,no pick guard,one vol,one tone,mini chrome tuner's.Not realy a bad guitar.It's a shame that gibson cant tell me much about this guitar,as far if the pickup's are stock or not.Price was even quoted wrong by gibson.Iguess i should just shut up and play my guitar
The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

Edit my comment, already found pics of that Tommy Hilfiger SG, and it was quoted at a price around $600.

:o Great it get's better and better.Thank's guitar center! :( I would like to know if the emg pickup's are stock on this guitar.I don't have a picture of the guitar, but it's like a semi gloss mahagony,no pick guard,one vol,one tone,mini chrome tuner's.Not realy a bad guitar.It's a shame that gibson cant tell me much about this guitar,as far if the pickup's are stock or not.Price was even quoted wrong by gibson.Iguess i should just shut up and play my guitar
No worries. Didn't mean to make your purchase sound bad or anything. The EMG pickup isn't stock, so if that makes you feel any better. I just searched "tommy hilfiger gibson sg" on Altavista and got plenty of results, so if you want to know more there you go.
Shut up and play.

No worries. Didn't mean to make your purchase sound bad or anything. The EMG pickup isn't stock, so if that makes you feel any better. I just searched "tommy hilfiger gibson sg" on Altavista and got plenty of results, so if you want to know more there you go.
:confused: Thank's my brother!Went to that web seen that sg.Mine has two EMG's,and no tommi decal.All naaturrrral!Maybe this is one of akind. :cool:

Archived