Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

new amp is broken??please help me out

boosh

Hey people,..just skipping over from the SSS board .I just got this Danelectro nifty fifty yesterday . Well a weird thing is happening. When I switch it on it plays fine for about 8 seconds,...then the volume goes down and ....Nothing,no sound at all. when I switch it off and on again I have sounds for 8 seconds and then it dies on me....

I am not a guitarplayer so I dunno diddley bout amps...

suggestions please otherwise I have to go back to the shop right away...

thankzz Booshy

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtråd igen. Jag skulle inte satt på räpan.

http://www.bushcollectors.com

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The weird thing is:

I just came home and tried it again and it works fine. I've tried it dozens of time,... this morning it acted weird and this afternoon it was okay. It seems okay again now. I keep trying untill the shop opens again on tuesday.... Thankzz for the help so far.

Hey, boosh

Are you always plugging it into the same wall outlet? I had a similar problem with an old Digitech pedal - it would work for a few seconds, then die. I brought it in to get looked at and they said it was fine. It turned out to be the power outlet in my wall had an intermittent short - not enough to mess with lights or anything, but enough to give the pedal fits.

Maybe it's something like that?

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Of topic boosh, but I can't help wonder what your avatar is! Sorry I can't help you out with your dilema, but what's the picture?

P.S. I'm listening to your tunes now, WOW, it's the grooviest rhythms on the web! Congratulations!

P.P.S. I'm in Holland quite often, do you guys play live? I'm next over at the end of November, I'd love to catch a gig. Good Luck!

Originally posted by Teahead:

Of topic boosh, but I can't help wonder what your avatar is! Sorry I can't help you out with your dilema, but what's the picture?

P.S. I'm listening to your tunes now, WOW, it's the grooviest rhythms on the web! Congratulations!

P.P.S. I'm in Holland quite often, do you guys play live? I'm next over at the end of November, I'd love to catch a gig. Good Luck!

At the moment we're not gigging,sorry. Thankzz for listening anyway and thankzz for the review!!!

I'm in the middle of rebuilding a home and moving into it so have little time for music. That's why we put a hold on gigging. You are however welcome to visit me at my new home when you're overhere and have a beer and some food with me ;) Just send me a PM if you like that... Greetzz Booshy

The Avatar is a witches hat,..like the speaking one from the Harry Potter Movies,...on a medieval knights armour helmet.

Archived