Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OBITUARIES

Dak Lander

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by daklander:

With all the folks kicking the bucket lately we should post them all to an obituaries thread.

Isn't it Guitar Player that has a "departures" section?

One busy section these days...but, I'm actually not too sad. These fine folks, despite their profound impact on society, aren't people that are part of our everyday lives... In other words, we're not losing our own family members. And, we're remembering the fine contributions these people made to our world.

I raise a glass and toast their lives.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Not in all of them Ted, though I seem to recall seeing some. I didn't see that section this last month but I could have missed it. Next month's should be chock full.

I'm not saddened too much by those passing either, that I've not been personally involved with but, like you would rather celebrate their accomplishments. Tragedies? Yes, in some cases, to some people, but many were to be expectd, either through age, illness, lifestyle, or a combination.

I'm much more saddened and affected by the loss of one I know and love, such as my good friend Red Hanson who passed recently. That loss will hurt as long as I live.

Warren Zevon, Johnny Cash, Shawn Lane, Waylon Jennings & others? No, other than missing new material from them. Cold hearted? Maybe, but I will celebrate the great music, along with the not so great music they made, not feel sorry for myself because a wonderful person whom I did not know has passed.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Originally posted by daklander:

Not in all of them Ted, though I seem to recall seeing some. I didn't see that section this last month but I could have missed it. Next month's should be chock full.

I'm not saddened too much by those passing either, that I've not been personally involved with but, like you would rather celebrate their accomplishments. Tragedies? Yes, in some cases, to some people, but many were to be expectd, either through age, illness, lifestyle, or a combination.

I'm much more saddened and affected by the loss of one I know and love, such as my good friend Red Hanson who passed recently. That loss will hurt as long as I live.

Warren Zevon, Johnny Cash, Shawn Lane, Waylon Jennings & others? No, other than missing new material from them. Cold hearted? Maybe, but I will celebrate the great music, along with the not so great music they made, not feel sorry for myself because a wonderful person whom I did not know has passed.

That's exactly what I meant, Dak. ;)
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Sometimes it takes the death of a great musician to make folks sit up and take notice of what he or she did.

Dak,

Sorry about your friend. :( Hmmm...Temecula, Lo Cal. Isn't that on the Nevada / California border just south of Death Valley Junction? I went through the junction last winter and recognize the name, I think. Some beautiful but desolate land out there.

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

Originally posted by bluestrat:

Hmmm...Temecula, Lo Cal. Isn't that on the Nevada / California border just south of Death Valley Junction? I went through the junction last winter and recognize the name, I think. Some beautiful but desolate land out there.

No, we're on the 15 freeway, right at the San Diego/Riverside county line, In Riverside County. It's roughly an hour to San Diego & about an hour and a half to LA on a great driving day. That's once in a blue moon. :D

You might be thinking of Tecopa. It's the only place out there that starts with a "T".

Red will live well in our memories, thanks...

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Archived