Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Favorite Neil Young albums?

Pretzel logic

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was that pseudo big band album he did with The Bluenotes in 1987 or so - It might have been titled "Ten Men Workin'" (I know that was one of the songs on it).

Great album, and I haven't even thought about it in years... I guess I know at least one of the things I'm doing this weekend! ;)

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

But for one or two tunes, I was(and am)not a big Neil Young fan. But I DID like the "Harvest" LP for it's course paper cover, perfect for seperating those pesky seeds and stems! :D

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

• 1 year later...

Bump!

Successful search, just what I was looking for.

Can anyone tell me what this "Dead Man" soundtrack Neil did. I saw it mentioned in another thread. I'll do a google right now in case.

OT:

Just thought I would also mention I saw the movie "Million Dollar Baby" yesterday, nice guitar work throughout the entire film.

Originally posted by Compact Diss:

Bump!

Successful search, just what I was looking for.

Can anyone tell me what this "Dead Man" soundtrack Neil did. I saw it mentioned in another thread. I'll do a google right now in case.

OT:

Just thought I would also mention I saw the movie "Million Dollar Baby" yesterday, nice guitar work throughout the entire film.

I have the "Dead Man" dvd. The music is great. It's just Neil and a guitar for the entire film. Very trippy. You can really hear him watching the movie while he recorded the soundtrack. Great stuff. :cool:

GReat timing for this to be revived.. given I wasn't here when it was born.

My son Nigel has been turned on to Neil lately and we were on a road trip the other day and Like a Hurricane came on from his compilation CD.

I cranked it and as we drove down the highway and I couldn't help but appreciate how it's just a hard working guitar players song. The tone and ambient sound captured in the original recording just screams with vintage drive and energy. No muck or unnecessary effort IMO and pure Neil in all its twisted but true lines.

As for the question... it's likely easier to name those I dislike: Trans, Shocking Something, Greendale (saw that... ugh!)

I still think guitars are like shoes, but louder.

After the Goldrush is probably my favorite. Harvest is great, Everybody Knows This is Nowhere, Rust Never Sleeps, Live Rust, Ragged Glory really stands out for me, Year of the Horse I like a lot too.

I've not heard every album, but I consider myself a major Neil Young fan. Even though I love Cortez the Killer and the last track, I don't really dig Zuma, kinda like (but better than) Stars and Bars with Hurricane as a standout track on a record that I otherwise can't get into.

check out some comedy I've done:

http://louhasspoken.tumblr.com/

My Unitarian Jihad Name: Brother Broadsword of Enlightened Compassion.

Archived