Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My new baby!

BiC

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think so too! Man, I've been strictly playing my accoustic these past few years. It will be a nice change!

I just blew the dust off of my JCM 900, the tubes are warming... :thu:

Peace

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Yeah, I used a Washburn a lot like that one when I was scoping out an amp in a store; it was a cool guitar. You'll be plenty happy, BiC!

A match made in Heaven, do ya think? ;):thu:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

This brinsg the question, is it better to refer to your guitars like children? Or mistresses?

I suppose it depends on whether or not your married. :D

Congrats on the purchase BiC, and many happy days ahead of you. Hope you'll get a great setup for it, and let us know how it sounds and stuff.

Shut up and play.

• 1 month later...

***FINALLY***!!!

After anxiously waiting for a MONTH, my "baby" has finally arrived! :wave:

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

I read on the net- don't know how credible, that there was a limited run of 50 of these guitars.

Is this a fact?

Peace

Originally posted by guitarzan the impaler:

congrats BiC. man you had to wait a bit didn't you? don't know about the limited run. is your jcm 900 all ready for the big meeting?

Thanx! The reason why it took so long was because I'm at a military base overseas.

The 900 is in the shop as we speak. But I have my Laney as a back-up. I also just purchased the Boss Metal Zone... so "look out" neighbors! :cool:

Peace :thu:

According to CS at Washburn, It's not the limited edition. Only the pearl was, whereas mine is the pearl AND amber burst. But I can't seem to find this "limited edition" on the net???

Peace

I just finished playing this jewel! :love:

Boy, she feels so good... and sounds so good! :love:

Peace :cool:

BTW, this is my first time on the fretboard of an electric guitar in almost 4 years.

Feels good to be back... :)

Peace

quote:
Originally posted by DARKLAVA:

BiC nice buy! :idea:

Peace

I have to say, the "Jewel" that Darklava is probably referring to has a fine voice. I still like that "Who Will Save Your Soul?"-song the best, though.

As for a name for your shiny-new axe, how about "Pearl"?

(Nothing wrong with "Jewel", though!)

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Dances With Werewolves:

I have to say, the "Jewel" that Darklava is probably referring to has a fine voice. I still like that "Who Will Save Your Soul?"-song the best, though.

As for a name for your shiny-new axe, how about "Pearl"?

(Nothing wrong with "Jewel", though!)

Nah! :P I thought about "Pearl", but everytime I thought about it, I thought of " Minnie Pearl"!!! :freak:

NOT a good thing!!! :P

hehehe :D

That's pretty cool for Washburn. I worked there for a few years back in the Nuno Bettencourt days. It's hard to tell from the photo but it looks like the pickups are also pearl, is that right cause it looks pretty cool. Also those tuning pegs also look like brown pearl similar to ones used on the high end acoustic guitars.

Have fun, curious did you buy it on line or did you purchase it from a store. If you did buy on line were you concerned about not having played the one you were getting?.

My main instrument is guitar but I needed a bass for the studio. I just picked up a Samick Royale bass. It's based on an old Gibon ES hollow body bass. Pretty dang cool for low $300's. Samick for those of you who don't know is the compnay that builds the majority of Washburn guitars, they also build for quite a few other US based companies.

overheard street personality on Venice Beach "Man, that Bullshit is Bulllshhittt...."

Originally posted by dougsthang':

That's pretty cool for Washburn. I worked there for a few years back in the Nuno Bettencourt days. It's hard to tell from the photo but it looks like the pickups are also pearl, is that right cause it looks pretty cool.

ME:

You're right, Doug. Those pickups are pearl. The photo does not do it justice! I was awestruck when I saw it in person! :eek:

Also those tuning pegs also look like brown pearl similar to ones used on the high end acoustic guitars.

ME:

ALL of the hardware is gold. What is really cool is that the volume and tone knobs have pearl "caps" on top of them which you can't see in the photo.

Have fun, curious did you buy it on line or did you purchase it from a store. If you did buy on line were you concerned about not having played the one you were getting?.

ME:

Yes, I bought it online at music123.com. It only ran me $399. It lists for $1,000.00.

I was a bit concerned about not being able to play it. But since Music123 has a 45 day money back guarantee, I knew I couldn't go wrong. Plus, I don't know where I could have purchased that guitar around here. It was simply the looks that was the draw, then I gambled on it sounding and playing well... I WON! ;)

Peace

Originally posted by SinisterJames-Italy:

Well Bic? Does it play as good as it looks????

C'mon man, fill us in!!!

I already did! :D

Look back a few posts... :D

Peace

Archived