Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Who is the best guitar player Yngwie or EVH

guitar-rage

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's defintely an opinion question. I agree it doesn't really matter, but personally I don't think this post will get much debate, becuase its not a shred crowd. Sure everyone appreciates EVH for innovation, but hardly anyone likes Yngwie.

The history behind each is very interesting, and a good comparison. Both grew up listening to classical music, Yngwie inspired by Paganini, EVH by classical piano. Both are shred gods, and both receive a lot of criticism from all genres of guitarists, often labelled wankers and showoffs.

IMO:

I think both are equally good at what they do. EVH can hand Yngwie a new one when it comes to two-hand tapping, but Yngwie might be the better technical player overall.

Shut up and play.

What is your criteria for who is best?

Is is speed? Volume? Height of Jump?

You have to clarify how you have reached your conclusion. But in the end the only people who care are other guitar players, and that doesn't mean all of them. ;)

Whatever happened to the cool look'in Kramer EVH used to bang on???

You know... the striped one.

I thought that was the coolest!

Peace

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

YM does get boring despite the fact of his technical ability, with his pompass assitude and scowling. EVH does'nt seem to get boring. Seems he's having fun and always got a wide grin. And yeah, he writes more memorable songs. :thu:
Don't sell anything. Just keep it all. Let it pile up and see it grow tall. Up thru the roof and into the sky. More is always better so pile it sky high.

Ry Cooder....oh he wasn't one of the entries.......RY COODER!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry....I really, really know he's not one of the selections............................RY COODER....... :):)
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

Originally posted by Geenard Skeenard:

Ry Cooder....oh he wasn't one of the entries.......RY COODER!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry....I really, really know he's not one of the selections............................RY COODER....... :):)

Cooder rocks, man. Not only that, he got to play with a bunch of hip Cuban dudes a while back. Very cool.

Originally posted by gotMYgit:

I never realised the Rolling stones were Cuban......you learn something every day!

gotMYgit ,

Taz is talking about Ry Cooder's playing on the movie soundtrack of Buena Vista Social Club .

You were probably kidding, and I missed that, right? :D My apologies. :)

You were referring to the Ry Cooder, Nicky Hopkins, Charlie Watts, Mick Jagger & Bill Wyman album, Jamming with Edward...correct?

Originally posted by Petethebassman:

"If you really want to know, Í'd say Hound Dog Taylor." :D:D
Holy $h!t, I was gonna post that! Either Hound Dog Taylor, or Steve Cropper...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

EVH writes better songs, plays much better and more interesting rhythms, and has more interesting leads. He also sings, has cooler looking guitars, and parachutes in to stage to upstage Black Sabbath.

What is "BEST"? You might as well ask, "Which guitar is better, the Les Paul or the Strat?". I could tell you who I like more, but that's not what you asked.
Everybody knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact. - Homer Simpson

Originally posted by Jedro:

What is "BEST"? You might as well ask, "Which guitar is better, the Les Paul or the Strat?". I could tell you who I like more, but that's not what you asked.

As you undoubtedly suspect, there's no such thing as the best. What it almost always equates to is "Who do you prefer?" However, most people don't couch it in those terms.

Archived